• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Saw it at the Fair-Snobear

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Saw this at an agricultural fair today.

Attachments

• pixsnobearfrontW.jpg
    pixsnobearfrontW.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • pixsnobearW.jpg
    pixsnobearW.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,361

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any clue on the price?

It looks like a modern version of the Bombardier C-18 Snow Bus. I know there are many still in use as transport vehicles on flat frozen ground and lakes. Asking prices are pretty steep on operating C-18 units and know of one for sale at $18,500.

Here is an iimage from the Bombardier history website:
1b12sv3a.jpg

Very cool website for those who enjoy history: http://www.fjab.qc.ca/en/content/jab/biographie1946_1948.htm

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The website shows 2 different configurations.

One configuration is a driveable ice fishing shack with what appears to be 2 fishing seats and 4 ice fishing stations. The unit raises 14 inches on hydraulic lifters for travel and then lowers 14" when you park it for ice fishing.

The other configuration shows 4 passenger seats for travel and no ice fishing holes in the bottom of the unit. The 4 passenger version also has a central table. This version appears to seat a total of 5 with the driver.

Both configurations show a drivers seat that is positioned in the front center. It has a 3 cylinder engine and automatic transmission in both models. Both versions have what appear to be fold down bench seats on each side wall, but as they fold up it appears they are not used during travel?

steviep

Pixie, I saw them at Fryburg. the salesman told me $34,000. To rich for me just to go fishing, but it does float.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forums, Steviep !

That's where the pics were taken, Fryeburg Fair ;) Thanks for coming up with the price.