• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

North Korea is collapsing

raindrop

I recently heard that rations have ceased even for North Korea's State Security Department and Ministry of People's Security. So far, priority of rations were given to these institutions, but now it has stopped.; This implies that food shortage in North Korea is more grave than expected.

Last year, harvest was not good and flood and typhoon damages devastated the already bad situation. This will lead to these powerful institutions to act irrationally.

The breakdown of the rationing system is a sign that North Korea is near its collapse. The collapse of North Korean regime is only a matter of time.

www.dailynk.com/korean/read.php?cataId=nk04500&num=97066

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to see N.Korea collapse under its communist weight. The problem is that China will likely come in and take over the nation.

The world, and more importantly, the people of North Korea, would be far better off if the nation was unified again with South Korea. The vibrant economy of S.K. can provide the jobs and opportunities for the northern residents to lift themselves up and thrive as a proud and prosperous people.

SShepherd

I'd love to see N.Korea collapse under its communist weight. The problem is that China will likely come in and take over the nation.

The world, and more importantly, the people of North Korea, would be far better off if the nation was unified again with South Korea. The vibrant economy of S.K. can provide the jobs and opportunities for the northern residents to lift themselves up and thrive as a proud and prosperous people.
exactly, a power vacume that china would be more than happy to fill.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If we keep printing money here mortgaging our children's future we will see this country collapse as well. To be quite honest, I really don't give a damn about North Korea. I am much more concerned about the path the Musloid has chosen for our country.

If North Korea were to collapse, China would just move in and occupy the land under the pretext of help. Once there, there will be no going back. Forget about a re-unification. China would never permit that and have a vibrant US ally with US military directly on their border. That is just common sense. No German style unification here folks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a question.

How would a collapse of NK be recognized?
Let's see.
The lights go out? Nope, they're already off in 90% of the country.
No food? Nope, they're already relying on the international community for food.
The people have no money? Nope, they're already poor.

So, how would one know there's been a collapse?

SShepherd

I have a question.

Let's see.

coup d'etat

loboloco

Actually, I kind of doubt China wants the NK headache. Probably, they will let it fall to South Korea to pick up the pieces. Using the collapse as a reason for U.S. troops to withdraw.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually, I kind of doubt China wants the NK headache. Probably, they will let it fall to South Korea to pick up the pieces. Using the collapse as a reason for U.S. troops to withdraw.

Isn't China expanding? South China Sea? Sensing our weakness to do anything? We can't even protect our consulates any more after 4 years of Hussein. How many more years before they are emboldened to get their so called lost province of Taiwan back?

Maybe you're right. Maybe they don't want the problem but it sure won't be because they are afraid of us.

Betty_boop

why wont South korea come in and help? it'd be great if they just unified and make themselves into one nation and i mean, why is china so invested in them?

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
This subject has been discussed for years and pretty much the same conclusions are reached each time. China has already expressed fears a collapse of North Korea would result in a flood of refugees which China can ill afford to to absorb and care for. They don't want to see it happen. South Korea would be glad to see an end to the almost constant hostilities but saw what happened to Germany when reunification occured between East and West Germany. Economic disaster. They will pay lip service to a desire for reunification but will stop short of pushing too hard for it. Sooner or later it will probably happen but all involved, except the starving, oppressed North Koreans, are dreading it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
why wont South korea come in and help? it'd be great if they just unified and make themselves into one nation and i mean, why is china so invested in them?

Seriously? You think an uninvited invasion of a foreign nation in the name of aid would be looked upon kindly by the standing army entrenched in power? These are mortal enemies. It would be like the Riddler inviting Batman over for dinner and drinks, not gonna happen.

raindrop

I have a question.

Let's see.

I think the most exact sign of NK's collapse would be Kim jong un's death.