• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After a sick day I finally got round to fixing the water well. I told my wife that it was a 20 minute job that would probably take 2 hours. Yup, it took 2 hours … in the rain. Well, the gator was in the rain, I was in the well house.

Got to visit the heart doctor tomorrow for a wellness check. It'll take all day and now that I'm starting to feel better after the "grunge", I've got stuff to do. I'm not sure what this heart doctor is going to tell me that I don't already know. Ever since he put in the stint, everything is wide open and flowing. Carotid arteries are good enough and I'm in no danger of a stroke unless the Cowboys lose to the Colts this week. Once these doctors get their clutches in to you they don't want to let go!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I like my family doctor. He's very genuine and appears to really care about his patients. He's definitely not old school and just in it for the money.

Today is going to be another busy day. I have the gym at nine, physio at 11. Then spend the afternoon truck shopping. Hopefully the frame on mine will hold up long enough to get a deal done on a new one.

Canadian eh!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
luv 2 of 4 of my docs-- & then there's my boots; 2 pairs-- they're docs, too-- shoes~~ boots~~

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a rude awakening this morning when I brought the truck in for sway bar links. They went to put it on the hoist and the frame collapsed. That's right. A 2007 f150 with 220k kms on it and the frame is rotten. Unreal. So I hit the dealerships I trust and tried out a couple newer f150s. A 2016 and a 17. We shall see. Going back tomorrow to test a 2015 Silverado fully loaded. If I like it, it may follow me home based on price.

Canadian eh!!!
cf883a542f74530f9c2ca415f6f94ba4.jpg

:wow:
Do you undercoat your vehicles? Sure seems like it would be worth it up there in the great white north.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to try to finish my Christmas shopping today.
Maddie wants Elf on the Shelf pajamas.
The list keeps growing :yum:

Then work tonight.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:
Do you undercoat your vehicles? Sure seems like it would be worth it up there in the great white north.
No. Stupidity on my part. Lesson learned. That new liquid salt they use up here eats away at the metal. When the roads are like a river at -30 you know it's potent stuff they put down.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hidey-ho.
I have had a wonderful day finishing up the Christmas shopping.
Stopped to see the girls.
Maddie was with the other Grammy, but I got to see my Lainey.
Jeff is back in the burgh for the weekend.

Aubs, he's drinking growlers. Lol

20181215_160329.jpg

FB_IMG_1544922871712-540x725.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're at mass too. They got the tree up at church. Then I have someone coming to look at my truck to buy it. Other than that it's a quiet Sunday. I already spent a couple of hours cleaning it out yesterday.

Canadian eh!!!
1b4ff37c86fdaca1723d1e5e923d9d39.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
TYPING INTO MY KEYBOARD ON THE FORUM....eh!

Today we have our annual Christmas Crossfire gathering. Usually we go the Our Lady of the Snows shrine for the light show. But it has become far too crowded for car clubs. So today is at a BBQ place in South St Louis.

Tonite I remove the scaffolding from the new staircase. Paint the steps white and lay temporary carpet in the dressing room. Christmas is coming soon so the oak wood treads and trim will have to wait 'ti the Holidayl company leaves.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for everything to be finalized for the new truck. Finished emptying the old one last night. How much crap does one person need to haul around with them? Lol.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've joined a walking group with two of the gals I work with.
It's power walking from one end of the city to the other.
It's a good thing, as I've gained a few lbs whilst my eating with wild abandon days in the burgh.
:yum::hammer:
Weather is cooperating too.

Working tonight.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob & I are going out to lunch with Dasha my Russian fencing student so that Dasha and my wife can meet each other.

Later this afternoon I will be heading up to O'Hare Airport to pick up my sister & nephew. They will be in town through Dec 26. My B-I-L will be flying in on a different flight. They all will return to London on December 26th. I believe the initial plan is for me to take them to my brother's house, where they will stay for a few days, then they will move to my until they return.

If traffic is light and I leave a bit early to get to the airport I may sneak over to the large BINNY'S liquor store in Oakbrook to check out their fine/rare bourbon collection and maybe even pick up a bottle.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Made a run for the border this morning to pick up some Christmas presents for the kids. Figured I'd give the ole ford one final ride across the border before trading her in tomorrow. Played a bit of guitar. This afternoon. Wrapped a couple of presents.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be crazy. Get the kids off to school. Head over to the place where I had the scooter lift installed on the truck to get the wiring harness that powers the lift removed so I can trade the truck. Then head over to the dealership to sign a few papers and pick up the truck. Physio for me in the afternoon then an orthodontist appointment for one of the kids.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a run for the border this morning to pick up some Christmas presents for the kids. Figured I'd give the ole ford one final ride across the border before trading her in tomorrow. Played a bit of guitar. This afternoon. Wrapped a couple of presents.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be crazy. Get the kids off to school. Head over to the place where I had the scooter lift installed on the truck to get the wiring harness that powers the lift removed so I can trade the truck. Then head over to the dealership to sign a few papers and pick up the truck. Physio for me in the afternoon then an orthodontist appointment for one of the kids.

Canadian eh!!!

Sounds like an extra dose of Geritol is in order for Tomorrow.:laugh3:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. It won't be that bad. I rested yesterday most of the day to get ready for today. Originally I had planned on going to the gym this morning. Dealing with the truck takes priority.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Meeting up with Jessi and Amanda again this afternoon for our brisk walk up and back to the end of Clinton.
Just found out one of our Christmas gatherings will be at Aimee's parents home on the 23rd.
That little lady ( her mother) cooks up a storm, and sings while she does it.
Can't wait to try the pernil and pasteles.

Working tonight.
We have the works gift swap Friday.
It was suggested stocking stuffers in stockings so I've got to put that together today or tomorrow.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Gonna pick up a trailer load of red oak I blocked up a while back . May drop a small load of wood at a neighbor’s ,if he is home . Then it’s get the house ready for Tina,Justin and Ms Rowan Elizabeth’s Christmas visit .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a good night at work.
Marvin kept me company until 2am telling me about his 66 Olds Delta 88.
I had down time so watched a bit of a Christmas jazz program that had been broadcast on NPR earlier in the evening.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No appointments today. Yay. Last minute Christmas shopping today. And shopping for a few cosmetic accessories for the truck. Like a hood deflector side window visors some good floor mats......

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Buying stuff!
It's been a good year for us.

The wife told me I could have a new truck for Christmas. The old one is a 1974 model.

imgLoading_30x30.gif
s-l500.jpg
Mouse over to Zoom

We also bought a brand new lathe and mill for the shop.

THANK YOU DONALD TRUMP

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Buying stuff!
It's been a good year for us.

The wife told me I could have a new truck for Christmas. The old one is a 1974 model.

imgLoading_30x30.gif
s-l500.jpg
Mouse over to Zoom

We also bought a brand new lathe and mill for the shop.

THANK YOU DONALD TRUMP

That’s neat! Both you and Northern Redneck get trucks for Christmas!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been busy as hell.all.day!
Finally got to make dinner later than I normally do.
Aimee's cousin and her adorable Grandma are in Ohio now from Puerto Rico.
I wanna bring that little lady home with me.
She's too cute!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had some sort of a stomach bug rear itself yesterday afternoon without warning. I felt fine in the morning then shortly after physio my guts began turning. I was in Walmart for the first time in months yesterday picking up some stocking stuffers for my wife when my stomach gurgled and rumbled. The rest, they say, is history. Lol. Now up at 3am with the same stomach cramps. I think my physiotherapist was a little aggressive with my abs yesterday doing some deep tissue massaging where I have the mesh holding everything together. He works mainly on the back and my abs every time I go.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had some sort of a stomach bug rear itself yesterday afternoon without warning. I felt fine in the morning then shortly after physio my guts began turning. I was in Walmart for the first time in months yesterday picking up some stocking stuffers for my wife when my stomach gurgled and rumbled. The rest, they say, is history. Lol. Now up at 3am with the same stomach cramps. I think my physiotherapist was a little aggressive with my abs yesterday doing some deep tissue massaging where I have the mesh holding everything together. He works mainly on the back and my abs every time I go.

Canadian eh!!!

Hope you feel better

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Brian.
I hope this moment finds you feeling better.
Today is flop day, then working tonight.
I've also got to work Christmas Eve.
Thankfully all the Christmas shopping is done!
Why are those elves on the shelf so hard to find??
Lol
Found two.
Little girl ones for Maddie and Elaina.
Whew!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Having guests over for a Christmas Dinner. I have the prime rib coming up to room temperature before cooking later today.

prime rib.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.