• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For Sale: 1968 Snow Trac Trac Master SN: 1030

teledawg

Attachments

• 1968 Trac-Master 1030 For Sale Craigslist.JPG
    1968 Trac-Master 1030 For Sale Craigslist.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 414

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: For Sale: 1967 Snow Trac TracMaster SN: 1030

Here it is on Spokane craigslist too: 1967 Aktiv Snow Trac Trac-Master Snow Cat + - $12000.

I hope it goes to a good home. I could use some parts from the parts machine! :thumb:

Seems to me that this would be a perfect place for two buyers to get together. One could have the Trac-Master and one could have the parts machine and the drag.

I suspect there might be a last minute bidding war on eBay but I'm hoping it goes sooner than that and with less hassle than on eBay.

I think I better hit my neighbor up for a case of beer if this thing sells! :beer:

If it sells for that kind of money you should buy him & his wife a week in las Vegas @ the Mirage Hotel.................

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I just review and , being an Inspector, APPROVED you add in E-Bay for this machine. It looks as though BOTH Machines have THE ORIGINAL 1600 VW INDUSTRIAL ENGINES. Might want to add this in, they are the 53+ HP Models, not 40HP. Maybe even cross reference them to E-Bay Motors/VW. Good Add! There is a Porsche 912 Motor on E-Bay that looks pretty nice too.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

I just review and , being an Inspector, APPROVED you add in E-Bay for this machine. It looks as though BOTH Machines have THE ORIGINAL 1600 VW INDUSTRIAL ENGINES. Might want to add this in, they are the 53+ HP Models, not 40HP. Maybe even cross reference them to E-Bay Motors/VW. Good Add! There is a Porsche 912 Motor on E-Bay that looks pretty nice too.

Thanks Lyndon and Teledawg!:thumb:

I updated the ad to reflect the proper year and engine.

How do you cross reference on eBay? Do you just run another ad?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

PB ,
At $8100 for 2 Snow Trac's is a steal !. Someone is going to be real happy if they pick them both up for that price .
Bob S . has talked before how the prices on this Brand has continued to advance as well as many other personal snowcats brands . Part of this is Lyndons fault as he has posted so much information on their abilities . They are certainly a proven machine .

PB ,
At $8100 for 2 Snow Trac's is a steal !. Someone is going to be real happy if they pick them both up for that price .
Bob S . has talked before how the prices on this Brand has continued to advance as well as many other personal snowcats brands . Part of this is Lyndons fault as he has posted so much information on their abilities . They are certainly a proven machine .
I dont think this is Lyndons Fault, he is just highly knowledgable about these machines and we on this snowcat forums who are less knowledgable are appreciative of his expert advice on these unique machines, Prices are only driven by what the seller is willing to sell for and the buyer is willing to pay, goes back about a million years or so....

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Prices are also driven by winter conditions and how far into the season your in. Winter started out late this year. BUT she sure made up fo it. Now the season is coming to an end soon. Snowcats dont tend to sell well later in the season. By now most people have purchased a cat. Also people dont like to purchase a non working cat. The steering part REALLY needs to be repaired before its put up for sale. Thats just a negative that shouldnt have been brought up and just repaired before hand. Its funny but buyers always expect everything to be in working order even on a 40 year old machine.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

The steering part REALLY needs to be repaired before its put up for sale. Thats just a negative that shouldnt have been brought up and just repaired before hand. Its funny but buyers always expect everything to be in working order even on a 40 year old machine.

I don't know about that. I guess if you are looking for top dollar. However, if someone was going to tear it apart and do an FBI Rig restore on this do they really want someone that isn't a SnowCat expert to be working on it?

My neighbor wants to get a decent price for it but he certainly isn't pretending that it's in mint condition. When you consider that he has the parts machine and will fix the steering if the buyer wants it fixed then I think what he has asked for it is still fair.

I guess we will find out tomorrow. :)

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

No I wasnt saying that just about his cat. Its ANY cat. BUT If he could have the steering thing fixed then that would have been a better selling point. My experience has been ANY issues and the people get all hot and bothered even though its a used 30 to 40 year old cat. I still dont understand why the general public thinks these things should be in mint condition! The parts cat is a huge bonus! As are spare parts and such.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

I dont think this is Lyndons Fault, he is just highly knowledgable about these machines and we on this snowcat forums who are less knowledgable are appreciative of his expert advice on these unique machines, Prices are only driven by what the seller is willing to sell for and the buyer is willing to pay, goes back about a million years or so....

Paul , I agree that Lnydon is the "go to guy" for any questions on a Snow Trac . He alone is probably more responible than anyone else for making the Snow Trac so popular among personal snocat owners in America . The guy sleeps Snow Tracs:yum: .
I was complimenting him ,when I made the prior statement about the rising cost of Snow Tracs . After visiting him in Washington , I consider Lyndon a personal friend and that was just my "Sick Humor" talking . WE trade "good natured insults" whenever we can :poke: .

Mike , I do realize that prices fall off a little in the summer months , but used snowcats seem to be a pretty good investment these days . I 100% agree that to get top dollar the EBAY SnowTrac should have had the Steering corrected before listing . :thumb:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I 100% agree that to get top dollar the EBAY SnowTrac should have had the Steering corrected before listing . :thumb:
Just my :my2cents: but it strikes me that if the steering was in reasonable working order the ebay auction would probably be in the $10,000 to $12,000 range. I think there are a lot of backyard mechanics who look at something like the variator system and think "WTF" is that and how does it work . . . buying one that is not properly sorted out may be too much of a stretch for some people to consider. JMO

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I sure agree with SnoOps on repairing the steering. If a seller can't be bothered with a relatively easy repair which will allow a machine to be test driven then I would wonder what other issues it has which aren't apparent unless it's moving. Not to make anybody angry but not running is a big thing. Otherwise the deal is for two "parts machines" or a "project machine with parts machine " and expected value should represent that. The E-Bay description fails to mention the machine has been coated with Rhino liner. Any ideas on how to remove that stuff?

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

The E-Bay description fails to mention the machine has been coated with Rhino liner. Any ideas on how to remove that stuff?

Man ! That would be a tough job I think . I would imagine you would end up using a air disc sander and a lotta sanding disc :snow2_smi: . Maybe a real tough paint stripper might cut it , but I doubt it .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Update, obviously no one bought it.

The steering part has been repaired but my neighbor has decided to keep it for now and take it back out to his remote property.

We may keep listing on Craigslist in the PNW but there is no urgency.

If anyone ever does want this machine for at least $8000 please let me know.

I'll post here if it sells.

teledawg

Any chance that the brown parts cat would still be available?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

If we can we're going to take some video this weekend and post it on YouTube. The snows melting fast but we may get some more.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It looks like we have a buyer on eBay! The reserve has been met!

Woo Hoo! What's the saying? "The third time is the charm" or something like that.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, here I go again. My wife has officially grounded me from Ebay again...........
I told her I was merely trying to rescue them from their snowless enviroment, relocate then to a better habitat..........

Attachments

• 1030 001.jpg
    1030 001.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 1030 002.jpg
    1030 002.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 1030 003.jpg
    1030 003.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 1030 004.jpg
    1030 004.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 346
  • 1030 005.jpg
    1030 005.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 1030 006.jpg
    1030 006.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 341

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Here they are about to be released back into the snow.........

Attachments

• 1030 011.jpg
    1030 011.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 328
  • 1030 010.jpg
    1030 010.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 1030 008.jpg
    1030 008.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 336

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome Couchloafer! Thanks for giving them a good home! I'm glad you had a rig that could carry it all in one trip.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Well we stripped the "brown crush" to the frame. I will spend this winter putting her back together. I will post some pictures of the progress. I now have 3 frame off projects going so it will be slow going.... it is amazing what you learn about these things disassembling them completely, mostly what the @#*% have I done now........lol

Attachments

• BC 001.jpg
    BC 001.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 264
  • BC 002.jpg
    BC 002.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 260
  • BC 003.jpg
    BC 003.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 257
  • BC 004.jpg
    BC 004.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 256
  • BC 005.jpg
    BC 005.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 253
  • BC 006.jpg
    BC 006.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 252

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
couple more pics........ my buddy John is the one in the last set of pictures, he has #1030 at his house and has been peeling some of the bed liner off of her outsides.......I have been trying to get him to post some pictures ! He also has pictures of the cat we picked up in Nevada (we are going to use it to put this one back together)

Attachments

• BC 007.jpg
    BC 007.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 249
  • BC 008.jpg
    BC 008.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 245