• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

b skurkas tucker/sno trac vids

tree guy

hey guys just finished viewing bobs recent video release with the bbc salvage squad/ sno trac / tucker footage, well worth the $10.00 i am new to the tucker world last feb i traveled from southern wisconsin to casper wyo to score a 1953 tucker freighter (underestimated the size of that puppie) am in the middle of rebuild and have not yet had it out it runs good and has 4,500 miles which when translated to snoo miles is 1,936 on a hemi 331 industrial motor. got word tonight that originally was run on lp or propane which makes for a very clean motor. so it was great footage for me as i did not know what to expect . funds from this as i understand somehow assist the forum (which is a great cause) ebert and ropert (after an unfortunate woodshop incident) give it 1 thumb and the remainder of a finger up. "a must see says tree guy" !!!
a gotta have for the library !!

tree guy

tree guy said:
hey guys just finished viewing bobs recent video release with the bbc salvage squad/ sno trac / tucker footage, well worth the $10.00 i am new to the tucker world last feb i traveled from southern wisconsin to casper wyo to score a 1953 tucker freighter (underestimated the size of that puppie) am in the middle of rebuild and have not yet had it out it runs good and has 4,500 miles which when translated to sno miles is 1,936 on a hemi 331 industrial motor. got word tonight that originally was run on lp or propane which makes for a very clean motor. so it was great footage for me as i did not know what to expect . funds from this as i understand somehow assist the forum (which is a great cause) ebert and ropert (after an unfortunate woodshop incident) give it 1 thumb and the remainder of a finger up. "a must see says tree guy" !!!
a gotta have for the library !!

"no such thing as bad weather just bad clothes"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I take no credit for the content on the DVD but I do have to agree with you, it is well worth watching.

We really owe all the credit to several other people. Teeoster who made the copies. Villi who provided the Snow Trac footage. Jack Sloan who obtained and provided the Tucker movies. Without those folks, we'd have nothing to watch! And they also prove something that we have seen on the ForumsForums website many times . . . that we exist only because people from all over the world love to play with these winter toys and are willing to share with others.

This really was a multi-national event. Villi lives in Iceland:smileICEflag:, he obtained the Snow Trac footage from England and sent it to me. Jack Sloan is Canadian :flagcan:and obtained the American Tucker footage and sent it to me. I put it all together on a master disk, but Teeoster :flagusa:in Michigan made the copies of the disks and delivered them to me in Nevada at a bar over a few beers. I brought them back to Indiana where I'm now in the process of mailing them out to all parts of the world.

And for each one of these DVDs, the ForumsForums website gets a pretty hefty contribution (roughly 50% of the sales price!!!) to keep this site free for all of us to play on!

Eric L

Site Supporter
Got mine today and just finished watching it.:a1:

thought I'd seen most if not all the odd stuff Tucker built over the years... saw at least 2 rigs I'd never seen before and some odd variations. Now my wife wants a Kitten:pat:

Those Snow Tracs are startin' to grow on me too.

Thanks Bob.

Eric L.

:snow_smi:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly I do not know where the footage was shot. What I know is that it is family movie footage shot by one of the owners of Tucker. Some of it appears to have been shot at their facility, others scenes were obviously shot somewhere where there were mountains, forests and snow!

Vance

All I can say is THANKS BOB!!

The video collection is great. Includes a program on the Snow Trac and a bunch of old home movies of Tuckers. Some cool and very interesting footage of 3 and 4 series and some odd ones, too.

Well worth it, IMHO.

Vance

Some of the footage looks like the Medford plant (you can see the fwy). The mountain footage could be several places. I have heard of Tucker testing his cats both on Donner Summit (early years) and then Crater Lake (after he moved back to OR).

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bad News. WE SOLD OUT OF THE DVDs.

Good News. But don't worry, that is only a temporary situation. I'm working on 2 plans to make up more copies.

I have a few disks that have not been mailed out yet, but those are 'sold' to people who have said they are mailing me the money instead of using PayPal. So everything has been sold. And I know I can get more made as I have a couple sources who can make up duplicate copies for me, but one make really nice duplicates and he prints color images right on the disks so I am hoping that he can help me out. But one way or another, we will have some more disks to sell within the next couple of weeks so I will continue to take orders.

I'm glad you guys find the disk interesting!