• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stupid movie reviews - Wizard of OZ

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
The most awesome movie we grew up watching. Right?
Well, some people just need to eat shit and die.
If you go to IMDB and look at who hated the masterpiece, you see idiots post shit like this:

This movie sucked. It is so rubbish not even your pets will be interested. If you want to see what the inside of a baby's mind looks like here is the film for you.

My first problem is that the people who made it didn't know if they wanted it in color or black and white, SO THEY USED BOTH! LOL as if we wouldn't notice! Well I noticed and I thought it was rubbish.

The little town with all those children was actually played by grown men. It's stupid to think we'll believe they're children. Another thing I hated was that it's telling a story about four people, and three of them aren't even real. One is a bear, one is a scarecrow and one is a robot. All they do is jump around and sing weird songs at each other like morons.

Not even a baby would enjoy this, so please don't try making one watch it, no matter who it belongs to.
GRRR there should be a law against morons with an internet connection!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
you got a link to the quote or web page??

Ignore them, if you like the movie like I did then ignore them. Don't let it bother you. Have another beer on me. :beer:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea.. unbelievable IMHO! SHEESH@!!

This is the Oz! I LOVE that movie:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Author: from NYC

I have to rain on the "Oz" parade here. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why this film is so revered, and I know my films. The 1939 "Wizard of Oz" has to be the most annoying, obnoxious, and overrated "classic" and "great" film ever made.

The acting in "Oz" is horrible, the sets completely unrealistic always looking like they are indeed on a soundstage instead of looking anything remotely close to real (early Tim Burton syndrome), the characters are all annoying, really this is probably the most "in your face" obnoxious film ever. If it didn't strain SO hard to be a good film, this may have actually have been a decent "B" film, an early cheesy delight along the lines of countless 50's and 60's cheesy sci-fi, horror and fantasy films. But because "Oz" thinks a lot more or itself than it really should, it comes across as a bloated albatross of a pathetic attempt at decent fantasy.

Even the supposed "great" song, "Over The Rainbow," is completely overrated. It's a horrible, horrible song, completely unmelodic and painful to the ears. The one lone bright spot in the whole film is the Wicked Witch, with Margaret Hamilton playing the role so well and clever she easily outshines literally everything else the entire film has to offer.

But hey, many people like the film, so that's the way it is. But speaking of this film in the same manner of real films like Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, and so many more, is a complete joke. "The Wizard of Oz" is probably the worst supposed "great" film ever made.
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Asshat in NYC,
You suck!:smile:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzbzwPNgXA"]YouTube - Judy Garland - Somewhere Over The Rainbow - HIGHEST QUALITY Music Video - The Wizard Of Oz, 1939[/ame]