• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How to Apply for a Discharge Upgrade

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
FYI:

How to Apply for a Discharge Upgrade

Answer a series of questions to get customized step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a discharge upgrade or correction. If your application goes through and your discharge is upgraded, you'll be eligible for the VA benefits you earned during your period of service.

https://www.vets.gov/discharge-upgrade-instructions

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
In my highly biased opinion, the overwhelming majority who were separated under conditions not entitling them to even a General Discharge do not deserve to have their discharges "upgraded". But as noted, I have a bias as a retiree with more than 20 years active duty.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
In my highly biased opinion, the overwhelming majority who were separated under conditions not entitling them to even a General Discharge do not deserve to have their discharges "upgraded". But as noted, I have a bias as a retiree with more than 20 years active duty.

I have an honorable discharge, but it was very hard not kicking some officer or E-7's ass when they abused their authority, so I can see where Soldiers were abused to the point that they physically fought back and/or ended up with PTSD.

This one one reason why I think Veterans should have the right to have their records reviewed.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
A separation under Less than Honorable conditions means that a person has not earned any VA benefits; these bennies come with Honorable service only!

Thanks for the explanation and I do agree but I think Veterans should have the right to challenge rulings because there is a lot of abuse of authority in the Military.