• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More peppers

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked another pile of big ones this morning. Then moved on to tomatoes. We also took a bunch of peppers and tomatoes down to the neighbor lady. She likes the way we do them with burger and sauce over rice. We just gave 2 bags of hot ones to other friends and have some in the dehydrator for ourselves. Drying some borage for homemade cough syrup also. Just finished drying a bunch of tea and other things.

Attachments

• peppers 002.jpg
    peppers 002.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
  • peppers 003.jpg
    peppers 003.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 19

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a good crop of peppers and herbs in our garden this year but so so with tomatoes. Cucumbers didn't last long as something got into them and chewed them up. Other than about 7 species of peppers and about 6 herbs we grow not much else this year.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It has been a strange year as far as what grew well in the heat and what did so so. We lost a lot of stuff to the late frost but what we have is sure growing nice. Flowers sure have come back nice since we started getting rain again. Even the hayfield is coming back quick after just cutting it last week.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Excaliber. Make sure you get the mesh tray overlays if you want to dry small leafy stuff like herbs.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Our pepers sucked this year. To hotand dry.

Tomatoes were abundant

cucubers were none existant

Squash was poor.

Every pumkin in the patch died or exploded in the heat.

As always I resort to the old worn out phrase of every gardener..
"next year, well get it right next year"

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My cherry tomatoes are splitting even when they are just starting to ripen. They taste super but you have to go out every day to check and pick some. Most get eaten by me or the chickens before they get to the house. I brought in about a qt. of them and over half were splitting. The recent rain has made stuff grow so fast. The new raspberry bushes I planted are 5ft.tall already.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
My cherry tomatoes are splitting even when they are just starting to ripen. They taste super but you have to go out every day to check and pick some. Most get eaten by me or the chickens before they get to the house. I brought in about a qt. of them and over half were splitting. The recent rain has made stuff grow so fast. The new raspberry bushes I planted are 5ft.tall already.

We quit growing cherry tomatoes because if it was too wet out, they split. If it was too dry out, they split. If it was just right and you looked at them wrong, they split. If they were looking good and we got a sudden rain, they split.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We quit growing cherry tomatoes because if it was too wet out, they split. If it was too dry out, they split. If it was just right and you looked at them wrong, they split. If they were looking good and we got a sudden rain, they split.

Funny since I grew them 5 years ago and never had a problem other that they came back every year. I finally had to dig up the roots to kill the damn things. I found them more like a weed.

I no longer plant tomato plants in the ground but grow them in hanging baskets upside down. Much easier to deal with and dispose of once done. Also less pests get to them.