• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone had any experience with a Subaru?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that whenever I've been in the northeast, about every other car seems to be some sort of Subaru Forester, Outback or whatever they are called. There aren't hardly any around where I live, but I've run across a 2004 model that a guy bought new and is selling because he bought a new "su-bar-u". I'm considering it for one of my daughters, but I have no real experience with them. I know the stats on them, and they are clearly reliable, but I've never been 'hands on' with one. Anyone?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The lefties out here love them. They are also the worst drivers on the road, right there with the Prius. On my commute, if I can I always avoid getting stuck behind Subaru's or Priuses.

I never thought the gas mileage was that good on them.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a friend that has a couple. Swears by them. His first one is pushing 250K miles with very, very few problems.

I'd grab one for my daughter in a heartbeat.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son just bought a new Crosstrek, people swear by them around here.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Old thread I know but I just picked up a Legacy for work travel (and company right off). So far so good, it sure does stick to the road. It's also my first 4 cylinder driver (wife does have a Kia Soul but I don't drive it) and it's quite sufficient.

This is the first car I've driven post-2007 model so I'm lost with all the bells and whistles. I'm fascinated by the mood blue LED's in the interior door handle cups ..................... :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4589.jpg
    IMG_4589.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 104

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet!

It's also my first 4 cylinder driver
It may take some time getting used to reading the tachometer. My drivers are 6 & 8 cyls. When I get in a 4-banger, I'm not used to reading tachs that are running 3K+ RPM's

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet!

It may take some time getting used to reading the tachometer. My drivers are 6 & 8 cyls. When I get in a 4-banger, I'm not used to reading tachs that are running 3K+ RPM's

Already been through that on accelerations ............. when cruising it does settle to more of what I'm use to, 2000rpm +/-

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that you'll like it. :biggrin:

Many years ago I bought a car for my niece who was going through some tough times. I got a low mileage Subaru that a friend was selling. I drove it for a couple of weeks until she came and picked it up. I was semi-impressed. It seemed to be everything that you want a car to be.

I bought a new car at the end of 2015. It was the first brand spanking new car that I've bought in almost 25 years. I was amazed at all the bells and whistles and buzzers and dingers and flashing lights but that didn't last long. After a short time I started to find them more annoying than helpful and one by one, they all got turned off. Not all but most.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, too many bells and whistles nowadays. I was truck shopping last summer and thought I wanted a loaded (High Country) Silverado. Too much stuff. Went down to LTZ, still too much. Bought the LT and still has things I'll never use (but missing things I like like push-button folding mirrors).

k-dog

My uncle has bought several through the years and loves them. He gets around in the mountains of WV very well in the snow. They are also quite peppy for a capable all wheel drive vehicle.
One thing he did mention is that they seem to blow a lot of bulbs whether in the dash, headlights or driving lights.
Other than that he said they are awesome