• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost a friend

rugerman

Had to go to a funeral today. A friend, fishing buddy, avid hunter, all around good guy died 2 days ago, he had a real bad headache several days ago went to the doctor, then the hospital, had blood leaking in his brain. Doctors couldn't figure it out, had to keep him sedated to keep him from ripping out the IV's and stuff, organs started to shut down then he died. His wife is undergoing cancer chemo so she feels like hell anyway now this. I've known him for about 20 years, know his wife and his mother. Really tough day. I HATE funerals, like to remember them like they were, alive and vibrant not dead and stiff. Buried him in full camo with his turkey call. Really going to miss his. See ya Dav hope the hunting is good up there!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's horrible. My Condolences Rugerman. :(

Like you said, hope he has good hunting up there. :thumb:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
At least his suffering was brief. Condolences from here as well.:flowers:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to go to a funeral today. A friend, fishing buddy, avid hunter, all around good guy died 2 days ago, he had a real bad headache several days ago went to the doctor, then the hospital, had blood leaking in his brain. Doctors couldn't figure it out, had to keep him sedated to keep him from ripping out the IV's and stuff, organs started to shut down then he died. His wife is undergoing cancer chemo so she feels like hell anyway now this. I've known him for about 20 years, know his wife and his mother. Really tough day. I HATE funerals, like to remember them like they were, alive and vibrant not dead and stiff. Buried him in full camo with his turkey call. Really going to miss his. See ya Dav hope the hunting is good up there!

That's pretty heavy stuff you shared there, Ruger.. and my heart goes out to you for the loss and to his dear wife, as well.
Like you, I am not crazy about funerals either and would prefer to remember those we love and lose as they were.
It's cool that they buried him in full gear, tho.:wink:
You'll miss him for a time, but just remember him how he was, and all those good times over the 20 years, knowing he's in a better place.