• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What Happened To The Real Threads?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, the ones where we talk about politics and anything else but useless posts and word games?
The word games are fun for some, but who the hell logs on to this forum only to post 'a word' over and over again, repeatedly, day after day?
Seeing these bumped up and putting the more important posts relative to why most of us come here, down in the new posts check is becoming old.
Most of us, I'd wager log into FF to see more than something akin to a fly buzzing around your face that you have to click on, in order to get it out of the way.
Just my opinion, which I am surely entitled to.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
we talk about politics and anything else but useless posts

IDK.... I thought my scoop on MacDonald's not changing the fry oil daily was pretty important. But it faded into the FF's dust bin.

I do know what you are saying.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It must be a "phase" that FF is going through. I just go elsewhere when I find all the 'old woman" posts. IMO they are just like Farmville and teh other mindless games that the braindead play on facebook. JMHO

Trakternut

As has been advised many times before; When you run a cross a thread that doesn't strike your fancy, skip it and move along to something that does. Sitting and bitching about it makes ya look sorta silly.

That's my opinion which I'm entitled to.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
As has been advised many times before; When you run a cross a thread that doesn't strike your fancy, skip it and move along to something that does. Sitting and bitching about it makes ya look sorta silly.

That's my opinion which I'm entitled to.

Yup I totally agree TN . Seems to me that at least the top 50 threads that a lot of the folks here have participated in are no more real then some of the threads that have been started recently . But I guess it depends on who started the original thread . Hell just look at the top hottest 50 threads not very many "real' threads there IMHO . Seems to me its allways been about keeping the forum active & not boring for those that are here on a daily basis . :wink:

Personally I think all the threads on what are you listening to or the other numerous threads that have constant reposts in them are about as useless as any and continually bumped daily . But thats only my opinion .

Most real serious threads are taken off topic and hijacked so quickly I loose intrest so fast even in the threads I have posted . :hammer: Once again just my opinions . :smile:

Trakternut

Pretty keen observation, Cowboy! You're entitled to your opinion too.
I agree about the threads you mention, but, isn't this forum about having a little fun? Your brand of fun and mine probably ain't even close, but, that's what makes us individuals. I ain't a golfer, but those who love to golf don't get just a LOT of my ridicule. Same goes here.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Heres just 4 music video related threads of the hottest threads found in the top 23 , I wonder how many hundreds of reposts are in those same threads ? As quickly as the music vids are posted in multiples I find it hard to beleive anyones actually listening to them . But they seem to be very popular threads . :unsure:

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=1066

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=37036

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=38274

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=14194

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty keen observation, Cowboy! You're entitled to your opinion too.
I agree about the threads you mention, but, isn't this forum about having a little fun? Your brand of fun and mine probably ain't even close, but, that's what makes us individuals. I ain't a golfer, but those who love to golf don't get just a LOT of my ridicule. Same goes here.

I agree once again TN , I'm just pointing it out in a different way I recon . :wink: Like you, if I find a thread I think is boring or of no interest I move on , sometimes I'll even post in them if I am bored & not much else is going on . :biggrin:

But like you said everyones interests are different and thats what makes this an interesting and fun place to be . I just wish more folks would post more pics of their surroundings & things that go on in their daily life , cuz like most here I love pics and its a great way to know folks here even better . :clap:

Trakternut

I'm not so sure you'd wanna see pix of the "shit" (literally) that I deal with in my daily life, but, I guess I could! :brows:

Seriously, Cowboy, I should start carrying my camera with me. I agree with you about us posting stuff about our lives. We're a bunch of eclectic folk, ain't we?

Disclaimer: I don't own a snowcat. :doh:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not so sure you'd wanna see pix of the "shit" (literally) that I deal with in my daily life, but, I guess I could! :brows:

Seriously, Cowboy, I should start carrying my camera with me. I agree with you about us posting stuff about our lives. We're a bunch of eclectic folk, ain't we?

Disclaimer: I don't own a snowcat. :doh:
Yup but there are interesting things about anyones way of life or job no matter how Chitty it may be . :yum:

I dont own a snowcat either nor have any use for one , but it dont mean I wont own one, one a these days . :biggrin:

Trakternut

I'm waiting for my chance to fulfill my wish for an old John Deere, like the ones I grew up on.

Maybe I should start a blog on my daily life running our Vactor, cleaning sewers! :brows:

I enjoy all the threads here. Even the ones that wouldn't normally interest me. You never know when you're gonna find a funny comment from someone that will have you laughing and really make your day. Also, if someone doesn't like a thread/threads, there is the mark forums read button too. But that's just my opinion and I'm surely entitled to it. Now off to the "word game" thread. :biggrin:

Trakternut

Aww, thank-you! It's a 32 hp Reeves steam traction engine. In a previous life, down in Oklahoma, it was hooked up drawbar-to-drawbar to a D-7 Cat. The cat got drug all over the place! :brows:

mak2

WHAT????This aint a real thread? I am leaving, I have important internet Forum stuff to do.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww, thank-you! It's a 32 hp Reeves steam traction engine. In a previous life, down in Oklahoma, it was hooked up drawbar-to-drawbar to a D-7 Cat. The cat got drug all over the place! :brows:

I'll bet them things are amazing . So whats the story on it now , is it yours , any more pics of it ? :unsure:

There used to be an Turner annual steam show put on by one of my old neighbors a couple of miles away , that was something I allways enjoyed going to . There was folks that would bring stuff from all over but he had quite the collection of his own , including a 1/4 size steam locomotive that he had built a track that surrounded his property . Sadlly he passed away about 15 years ago in an homebuilt ultralite accident and everything he had was put up for auction by his kids . :sad:

Trakternut

Oh man! I could NEVER afford that baby. It's worth more than a lot of houses! It's owned by a collector up here and is shown at New Rockford, ND each fall during the steam show there. A friend of mine takes charge of her. I've been on her deck a few times. She's sweet!