• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Been going on seven years now....

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Since my nieces daughter got killed as a result of getting hit by a puck in Columbus at the NHL hockey game. I'm sure some of you remember hearing about it when it happened. So sad, dead at the age of 14 from a freak accident.
Anyway, someone made a video about it and put it on youtube.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On8Ldrly7qM"]YouTube - Here's to Brittanie Cecil[/ame]

American Woman

Site Supporter
She was a happy kid in all the pictures. I imagine that was hard for the guy that hit the puk too. That is terrible.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
I remember that. It's unfortunate that those sort of things happen. Seems it always involves decent folk. Sorry for your family's loss Dur.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember that too. So sorry for your family Dur. I can't imagine how hard that has to be on the whole family. :(

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the kind words. My sister and niece still have days when they can't deal with it. Brittanie was so full of life...a cheerleader and one of the more popular girls in her class. I remember the news media were like vultures hovering around our little town of 1,400 people. They actually went door to door trying to get any info on Brittanie that they could from people. The NHL were very generous and did all they could do to make it right. Higher nets were installed around the league to make sure it didn't happen to someone else too.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Durwood I remember it well. I live in Columbus. It's hard to believe that was almost 7 years ago. It was a horrible tragedy and hopefully with the changes made by the NHL it won't happen again.