• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TSA and CDL

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
About four years ago I had to renew my CDL with a HazMat endorsement. A new ruling from the TSA stated I had to get security clearance to get the HazMat renewed. Cost me almost $100.00, got digitally fingerprinted, and the whole mess of my background checks done. Passed everything and thought I was all set....

Then I had to have a TSA issued TWIC card to work at the docks, this again required the fingerprints and background check and another $100.00 bill.

Today, I got a letter from the State saying I now have to get another TSA background check to get my HazMat endorsement renewed on my driver's CDL for next year.

This is starting to piss me off, my fingerprints haven't changed, and either my CDL or TWIC cards should be good for both jobs because they go into the same computer (or should). If there was new information that made me some kind of threat, I would think in a realistic world, that data would automatically go into my "File".

Instead, I have to redo everything as if I was a new person every five years on both cards.

This is total insanity, someone who wants to blow up something isn't going to go to the trouble to get trained knowing full well they are nuts! Yeah, I know the 911 guys got a pilot license, but we are talking trucks, in ten min's I can show someone of "Normal" abilities to make a truck go where they want to.

It is bad enough that the TSA is mandating that passengers on flights are now treated like they were all terrorists and groped to where an average person doing that would go to jail as a pervert.

As a point, can you imagine anyone trying to highjack a plane nowdays, the passengers all will figure they are going to die unless they rip the arms off the guys that want to take over the plane. Case in point, the underwear bomber got the shit kicked out of him by the passengers when they realized what he was doing, as did the underwear bomber as well. When they showed both of those two clowns, they had faces that looked like they had been in a meat grinder... as they should have.

The terrorist have clearly won and we are going to bankrupt our country because we are turning into a bunch of idiots with very little common sense. If someone looks/acts like a terrorist and are from countries that harbor them, then strip search them by all means.

Tomorrow I think I am going to write some letter to my Congressmen!

Think maybe a few of you should be doing the same thing!

loboloco

And that, my friends is the reason I don't have Hazmat on my CDL. And screw the ports too.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
And that, my friends is the reason I don't have Hazmat on my CDL. And screw the ports too.

I won't be renewing it either, maybe not even the TWIC card, may be doing a different line of work not requiring to be at the docks.

loboloco

I won't be renewing it either, maybe not even the TWIC card, may be doing a different line of work not requiring to be at the docks.
Yep, was almost to the pint of switching out of flatbed because of this nonsense. then I had a blockage in an artery that led to an arrhythmia and had to park my truck. Once I got cleared, I didn't have the money to put it back on the road.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I dropped my hazmat for the same reason. They have no need to put those of us who have been licensed all these years through this BS. They already checked me out through Interpol and the FBI for security clearances I had and they have me in their database for my CCW. Why in the hell should I pay them more money for something else.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Trakternut

I dropped my hazmat for the same reason. They have no need to put those of us who have been licensed all these years through this BS. They already checked me out through Interpol and the FBI for security clearances I had and they have me in their database for my CCW. Why in the hell should I pay them more money for something else.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

There it is, exactly! A revenue-getter.

Just like overweight fines for trucks. If there were no $$$ involved, nobody'd put the effort into checking trucks. Pure and simple! :hammer: