• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

EPIC Study: Drinking Coffee is Great for your Health

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I may live forever!

We constantly get bad news about various foods and our health but this is a very positive story about how coffee can help reduce liver disease, provide antioxidants and reduce colon cancer too.

Full Story at LINK >>> http://www.dailywire.com/news/20351...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Whether you’re a fan of trendy coffee shops, like Starbucks and Caribou, or you prefer traditional drip, home-brewed espresso, cappuccino, or French press brews, I have outstanding news for you. According to The Economic Times, a recent observational study has shown that coffee lovers could see marked health benefits as a side effect of their coffee habit.

The study, which observed roughly 20,000 individuals, and took place over the course of ten years, was presented at The European Society of Cardiology Congress (ESC) on August 27, 2017. The Economic Times reports that “the researchers found that participants who consumed at least four cups of coffee per day had a 64% lower risk of all-cause mortality than those who never or almost never consumed coffee”.

The Telegraph notes that coffee “contains a number of compounds which interact with the body, including caffeine, diterpenes and antioxidants, and scientists believe some of these have a protective impact.” For those concerned with the interaction between healthy heart function and caffeine, it appears that decaffeinated coffee offers many of the same benefits as its more energizing counterpart. But why give up the morning jolt? According to The Mayo Clinic, “recent studies have generally found no connection between coffee and an increased risk of heart disease.” Which is great news, since decaf is blasphemous to us four cup-a-day drinkers.

The study is not the first to find that coffee may have real health benefits. Last year, Science Daily, citing research at the University of Southern California, reported that “coffee consumption, including decaf, instant and espresso, decreases the risk of colorectal cancer. Moreover, these benefits increase the more coffee you drink.” Dr. Stephen Gruber, one of the researchers, told Science Daily that those who head back to the coffee pot at least 2.5 times a day have a 50% reduced risk of developing the horrible affliction. The study’s authors suggest that caffeine and polyphenol (both are antioxidants) may be contributing factors in “limiting the growth of potential colon cancer cells”.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm saved!!!!!

Now if only everything else was in working order I could have a happy and healthy old age. :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I already feel better even though I'm several hours away from that first cup of the day! :w00t2:

Amateur. I start with a big insulated travel mug and then move on to espresso later in the morning :hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I consume 3-4 mugs of Green Mountain Breakfast Blend every day. First one is high test, last 3 are de-caff. I am brewing my first cup in the morning before I do anything else. My stomach does not permit me to drink stronger coffee even though I enjoy the flavor.

If I do not K-cup it, I pick one or two up at the local General Store. No sissy commie Starbucks for me. Never done it and never will again. I would do without, and have, before they get my money.

I too may live forever!! :yum: