• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerman

Day of rest. Yesterday at dialysis somebody decided to save some money and turned up the air conditioning, all the techs and nurses were fanning themselves, by the time that I got thru with my treatment (they had a little over 4 kilograms of fluid (8+ pounds) I was wet with sweat, when I got home I took off all my clothes because of the sweat.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home tonite with 8 @ 50 Lb bags of sand to sweep into the brick patio we spent two days power washing clean. I no sooner got it done that the cloud burst came. 3.0" in less than an hour. Washed quite a bit of the sand away.

Worse, the power went out and the sump in the Greenhouse failed. I bailed by hand for over an hour but the rain just kept coming. Finally the water level crested 6.0" above the window sill of the garden apartment. It is not water tight so some drywall was damaged.

When the power came back on I had two 1600 GPH pumps going and the water still kept coming in faster than I could get it out.

I guess it is finally time to tear the structure down and build a new one with a water tight foundation. This is the fourth time this year we had this happen. Tonite was the worst.

BTW, On a good note, the new drain system for the driveway worked just fine. I didn't have the scuppers in but the pipes are and they worked.

I have no idea how the brick patio sand did but it is still under 4.0" of water. The drains are at maximum flow. The surge pond is about 24 feet in diameter and 12.0"deep. It is full of water which flows out of a 4.0"pipe It will likely be full for hours.

Will this rain cycle ever stop?

Bannedjoe

Got home tonite with 8 @ 50 Lb bags of sand to sweep into the brick patio we spent two days power washing clean. I no sooner got it done that the cloud burst came. 3.0" in less than an hour. Washed quite a bit of the sand away.

Worse, the power went out and the sump in the Greenhouse failed. I bailed by hand for over an hour but the rain just kept coming. Finally the water level crested 6.0" above the window sill of the garden apartment. It is not water tight so some drywall was damaged.

When the power came back on I had two 1600 GPH pumps going and the water still kept coming in faster than I could get it out.

I guess it is finally time to tear the structure down and build a new one with a water tight foundation. This is the fourth time this year we had this happen. Tonite was the worst.

BTW, On a good note, the new drain system for the driveway worked just fine. I didn't have the scuppers in but the pipes are and they worked.

I have no idea how the brick patio sand did but it is still under 4.0" of water. The drains are at maximum flow. The surge pond is about 24 feet in diameter and 12.0"deep. It is full of water which flows out of a 4.0"pipe It will likely be full for hours.

Will this rain cycle ever stop?

Jesus man, you do have your work cut out for you.
Hope you catch a break sometime soon.

So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Assessing the damage this morning..; A 16 foot branch was torn off the Walnut tree. The limb was the size of my arm!

Sand was pretty much gone having washed away in the torrent. That has never happened before.
All of the Pine bark Mulch in the back gardens was literally gone.
The new top extension of the flag pole I had just installed was laying in the driveway.

It was the same up and down my street. Everybody had debris on their lawns. Wasn't a tornado just a big downburst but,,,; wow!:UtOh2:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The end is in sight. Phewf. Up and at it at 7am. Unloaded the trailer with the remaining things from inside the house from the old place. I had loaded it up Friday. Then off to town to load up a few remaining things from the garage at the old place. It's on the market already. Our realtor had 2 open house showings on the weekend with roughly 30 people looking. 2 more looking this afternoon. We may be in a position to entertain multiple offers by tomorrow.

After loading up in town, I mowed the lawn there then came back out to unload again then moved a few cabinets from the garage up to the house. After that, it was time for a dump run with garbage from here. Then home again for lunch. It's going to be a scorcher again this afternoon which is why I gave er this morning while I can still breathe outside.

Canadian eh!!!
The joy of moving
:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me about it. This is the last move I plan on doing. I'm 42 and this is our retirement home.

I made a trip to the old house to attempt to load the motorcycle to bring it out. It's the last thing to come from there. It hadn't been run in 4 years. I put some gas in it and turned it over. It fired right up. That's the good news. The bad news is the clutch wasn't grabbing so I couldn't get into gear to move. And because it's been sitting the brakes are rusty and sticking. Oh well. Armstrong power will get it moved.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been taking it easy today.

Working tonight and then the weekend.
Wondering if Mr. Entertainment is going to be keeping me company.
Last I worked, little man cruised by the desk in his wheelchair making hand signals.
I said "did you used to play baseball? Looks like what an umpire does"
His reply was "yup, New York Mets!"
Now I doubt this since he was born and raised in the area.
When I acted all surprised and said, the New York Mets???
I got: You're g-d damn right I did!!!

:eek: :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ran some errands this morning. Relaxed this afternoon.

Getting ready to leave for the fencing club. We have a beginner class tonight.

Got to go beat the newbies with a metal stick. What can I say, I am a giving person!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally finished with the garage at the old place by 10am. Then I came home. Mowed the lawn then relaxed for the first time in months it seems.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering -

Was at the cardiologist this afternoon for my quarterly checkup. They called me back to an exam room. Set my cane down and took a couple steps towards the nurse to hand her copies of some tests done by my family doctor. Didn’t notice the foot stool thing was pulled out at the base of the exam table. Tripped and fell right shoulder first hard against the wall.

Couldn’t move my right arm and they thought I had dislocated it so they called the rescue squad and I spent most of the evening in the ER.

Xray showed nothing broken or out of place its just swollen and bruised. I can’t raise my arm so I’m seeing an Orthopedist tomorrow. They said the xray also showed broken ribs so back to radiology for a CT Scan. Lucky thing, what they saw turned out to be healed breaks from an accident few years ago. Bruises and scrapes on both arms but so not near as bad as it could have been.

Trouble is I need my right arm for support with my cane. Back to the walker for a while :(

rugerman

Right now if I can’t get me lawn mowed soon (been raining every day) I am going to have to bail it for hay, or get a herd of goats, maybe I could spray it with roundup and then burn it off.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn Jim. Take care of yourself. I totally understand the cane and walker thing. One thing I love about the new house is that everything I need is on the main floor. Sure, there's 3 bedrooms a bathroom and rec room downstairs but if I'm sore, I don't have to go down there. By most evenings, my legs are done and have little strength so I have to use the walker. The new house is plenty big enough for one.

Today, I will finally get the motorcycle loaded up and out to the new house. Aside from a few odds and ends, that and a freezer are the last things to come over.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering -

Was at the cardiologist this afternoon for my quarterly checkup. They called me back to an exam room. Set my cane down and took a couple steps towards the nurse to hand her copies of some tests done by my family doctor. Didn’t notice the foot stool thing was pulled out at the base of the exam table. Tripped and fell right shoulder first hard against the wall.

Couldn’t move my right arm and they thought I had dislocated it so they called the rescue squad and I spent most of the evening in the ER.

Xray showed nothing broken or out of place its just swollen and bruised. I can’t raise my arm so I’m seeing an Orthopedist tomorrow. They said the xray also showed broken ribs so back to radiology for a CT Scan. Lucky thing, what they saw turned out to be healed breaks from an accident few years ago. Bruises and scrapes on both arms but so not near as bad as it could have been.

Trouble is I need my right arm for support with my cane. Back to the walker for a while :(
That's terrible, Jim.
Heal up my friend.

I feel like I could use a cane or walker today.
Feel like crap.
:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering -

Oh, the joys of getting old! After hearing your story, I'm once again pondering the thought of avoiding the opportunity.

I hope you heal fast my friend.

rugerman

Jim when I was in the hospital for several months I was talking to a nephrologist about my lack of range of motion in my right arm (that fistula blew out 8 times and my surgeon told me to use it as little as possible) the doctor said that I would have to fight to get that motion back by going to the point of pain then a bit more and I would slowly get that range of motion back, it hurt a bunch but it worked. Hope for a fast recovery.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim when I was in the hospital for several months I was talking to a nephrologist about my lack of range of motion in my right arm (that fistula blew out 8 times and my surgeon told me to use it as little as possible) the doctor said that I would have to fight to get that motion back by going to the point of pain then a bit more and I would slowly get that range of motion back, it hurt a bunch but it worked. Hope for a fast recovery.

Thanks David and everyone.

I have some exercises he gave me and will be back for PT Monday.

Everything hurts. Have a bunch of bruises in places I didn’t think hit anything.

I’ll be ok, just have to take it easy for a while.

rugerman

Folks like my dad used to tell me “getting old ain’t for sissies “, i’m 68 with arthritis in my joints, And it’s even eroding away the lining of my eyeballs, which will eventually cause them to rupture and leave me blind, kidney failure, heart arrhythmia sand foot problems, so it seems to hold true.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim falls and bangs himself up, ruger having mighty scary issues.
You both make me just want to hug you, and stop whining about simply being tired taking care of folks just like you.

That said, I took my happy ass to bed for a good nap.
With ear plugs.
Lol

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got tickets to the Gary Railcats minor league baseball game tonight.

It's BACON night at the ballpark, which is located a couple blocks from the heart of the city.

rugerman

Pirate girl thanks for the offer of a hug, but as long as my wife continues to put up with me I am golden, she is why I am still here, I was not going to do dialysis, I was just going to let nature take it’s course, and I refuse to have a kidney transplant (I would rather some kid or at least a younger person get that kidney. The reason that I decided on dialysis is that my wife’s father had just died, a few years before our youngest son had died, and I could see that she was overwhelmed at the thought of me leaving her alone, so I sucked it up and began dialysis.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pirate girl thanks for the offer of a hug, but as long as my wife continues to put up with me I am golden, she is why I am still here, I was not going to do dialysis, I was just going to let nature take it’s course, and I refuse to have a kidney transplant (I would rather some kid or at least a younger person get that kidney. The reason that I decided on dialysis is that my wife’s father had just died, a few years before our youngest son had died, and I could see that she was overwhelmed at the thought of me leaving her alone, so I sucked it up and began dialysis.

I sure never knew all of that.
Your wife is very loving, and you are very brave.
God is blessing you with strength.
Keep the faith, He's going to take care of the rest.
:smile:

rugerman

Pirate girl , not so brave, just a realist, there are things in everyone’s life that they have no control over. They think that my kidney failure was due to me taking ibuprofen for my arthritis, even though I wasn’t taking anywhere near a maximum dose, now my arthritis is attacking the lining of my eyeballs and causing erosion which can eventually lead to rupture and blindness, wonder what the odds that with all the folks on ibuprofen that I would get that side effect.. so we never know what tomorrow will bring,

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Im just tired from work around the property but ill still take a hug. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to dinner with numero uno son and granddaughter.
Working the 11p-7a tonight.
Not anything thrilling to report.
I expect I'll have a quiet night with my little shadow man keeping me company.
He cracks me up.
:smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bronchitis again. To an Urgent Care place this morning. Nebulizer treatments and drugs for the next few day. Had the same dang thing two years ago in the summer. So frustrating.

rugerman

Doc heating and air conditioning both dry the air, if you notice that your breathing is better when you take a shower a vaporizer or humidifier might help, when I get congested I will go in the bathroom, turn on just the hot water in the shower to steam the bathroom up , it really opens my head up.

Bannedjoe

Pirate girl , not so brave, just a realist, there are things in everyone’s life that they have no control over. They think that my kidney failure was due to me taking ibuprofen for my arthritis, even though I wasn’t taking anywhere near a maximum dose, now my arthritis is attacking the lining of my eyeballs and causing erosion which can eventually lead to rupture and blindness, wonder what the odds that with all the folks on ibuprofen that I would get that side effect.. so we never know what tomorrow will bring,

I have a good bout of arthritis in my knees.
I fear that at some point the ibuprofen, or acetaminophen will be my demise.
I do real well with a half a percocet, but no, can't have that.
Bastards.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tore up a small 4X4 brick patio and dug a new ditch about thirty feet. Hauled the dirt over to make a new garden bed on the north side of the yard. I'll back fill with gravel.

Found that the old 3" pipe had broken so it filled with dirt. I appears a low spot stayed full of water and last winter's super cold spell broke it. This time I'm going 6" and setting a bit more slope.

I've got 30 feet of run with only 8" of drop. I should have 30"

But with large pipe I think I can run level for 20' and then drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.