• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

old boat trailer ... project? or not

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know of a 22' boat trailer with tandom axles. The frame is nearly rusted through right in front of the wheels. I can get the trailer for next to nothing. Any idea how hard it would be to make something useful out of it (light duty trailer or ???). I might be able to use this project to justify getting me a welder.
I think the only thing salvagable is the two axles.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
I know of a 22' boat trailer with tandom axles. The frame is nearly rusted through right in front of the wheels. I can get the trailer for next to nothing. Any idea how hard it would be to make something useful out of it (light duty trailer or ???). I might be able to use this project to justify getting me a welder.
I think the only thing salvagable is the two axles.

Two axles, a bunch of 2x2x1/4 angle iron, a weld on hitch and a new welder sounds like a good project for this fall.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is easier to find used steel channel to repair this trailer than it is to find good usable axles to put under a solid trailer without axles. If you price out the cost of new axles, used should be worth about 25% of that. Higher value if the brakes, spindles, bearings, tires & wheels, etc. are good.