• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sad Day, My Snowcat Season Is Over

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Digging out the driveway one and one half miles today with the Case 580 backhoe.

P4100011.jpg

Snow cat season is over early this year, now have the F250 Ford parked at home. Unusually warm spell ended our too short snow cat season this year!!!! Only snowed out from December 02, 2005 until today. Very short season this year gonna miss the snow cat fun.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
At least you had some snow.

We didn't have a snow cat season at all :smileywac

Since the snowmobile trail was closed, I could use the cat out there for logging. That was good. But it was a rough ride.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Thinking about that Tucker Kitten on Ebay........ and other snow cats that perk my curiosity!!!!!! Need to find a couple extra units for next year to just keep me busy when the snow starts to fly next fall. I cannot do much else during the winter and I like to tinker with the snow cats.

Going to check engine rod and main bearings on the 1500 LMC before winter and install a high capacity oil pump. Also on the 1500 I will be rebuilding the complete track belts and hardware prior to next winter. Got a couple of other small issues to look at but nothing major. The 1500 LMC will probably be our main mode of transportation for next winter. I hope it holds up like the 1200 did this year.

I will probably rebuild the carb on the 1200 LMC this summer as a preventative maintenance measure. It is really only needing the basic preventive maintenance done since we did completely go through this snow cat last fall. It is in really great shape and will not require any major work at all to be ready for next winter. :thumb:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Mntntoppr,
If you want a Tucker Kitten then you better jump on that one Lyndon has on Ebay! You will not find a better example ever again period.