• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Possible Thiokol parts?

Vance

This info was passed on as a result of the stolen Thiokol thread. Doesn't sound related so I thought I'd pass on to the Thiokol crowd. Maybe some spare parts available...

Vance

------------
fatrunt

we recovered a Thiokol that had fallen off of a trailer last year. It was a very old machine as I remember it had fresh exhaust work done on it also there was a plaque that is came from somewhere in Utah if I remember correctly it had came from a search and rescue group. we never had any computer hits on the thing some one just left it in the ditch along side U.S 95 just north of new meadows Idaho. In fact it might still be in the wrecker yard. Could this be your machine? If so e-mail me at gskump_at_co.adams.id.us and I will pull the case file.
----------------

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This info was passed on as a result of the stolen Thiokol thread. Doesn't sound related so I thought I'd pass on to the Thiokol crowd. Maybe some spare parts available...

Vance

------------
fatrunt

we recovered a Thiokol that had fallen off of a trailer last year. It was a very old machine as I remember it had fresh exhaust work done on it also there was a plaque that is came from somewhere in Utah if I remember correctly it had came from a search and rescue group. we never had any computer hits on the thing some one just left it in the ditch along side U.S 95 just north of new meadows Idaho. In fact it might still be in the wrecker yard. Could this be your machine? If so e-mail me at gskump_at_co.adams.id.us and I will pull the case file.
----------------

I believe that unit is now at Bill's snowcat yard in Weiser Idaho

snotrans

The old snow cat that was found along the road was a Frandee Snoshu Model E, Serial number "4 " From Utah Scientifc Research Foundation, In a affilation with Utah State Ag College, Logan Utah later to become Thiokol Appx 1952 -1953 It does run very well and is a real piece of snow cat history The cab was destroyed in the roll over, not much to begin with ,but the drive train and all steering parts were not hurt. It operates ok without cab. I will not part out this machine as it is the only one known to exist and we wiil restore as soon as time permits . Bill