• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cool article on Colt's Bob Sanders

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It's no secret that I've been a Colt's fan since some of my fraternity buds and I spent the night in Indy back in '84 drinking beer all night waiting to welcome the "new" Indianapolis Colts to town. :thumb: I can proudly say I was a Colts fan way back when it definitely wasn't cool to be a Colts fan. Anyway, one of my favorite players is Bob Sanders, number 21 on defense. He is the way undersized human missle that keeps all receivers concerned about where he is at all times.

I'd read a bit about him coming from a large family and that his dad wanted to be a boxer but gave up that dream to work a factory job, often double shifts, to provide for his family. His dad instilled that they were not rich, but they would not take hand outs, but work as hard as it takes to get what they need. Anyway, I just came across a pretty cool article on ESPN about Bob Sanders that talks about him. Here is a link to the article Bob Sanders. Even if you don't like my Colts, you sort of almost have to respect Bob Sanders and his work ethic.

I've never in my life been the type of person to wear another grown man's jersey. However, I may call in some business favors and try to get my oldest daughter (she's my football buddy) a signed Bob Sanders jersey for a Christmas present. I like his hard hitting, yet not dirty, way of playing.

*edit*

Duh!

GO COLTS!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't hold the fact you're a Colts fan against you too much.

A good read and he sounds like a great guy. He reminds me of Steve Tasker who was another little guy in the NFL who would hit guys twice their size and flatten them. The funny part about Tasker was that he was a wide receiver. On special teams, he would get double & triple teamed and still beat everyone to the ball (and destroy the carrier).