• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm a Browns fan, and saddened by their display / protest kneeling for the National

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a Browns fan, and saddened by their display / protest kneeling for the National Anthem.
So sad. 11 of the losers on this sad team decided a protest for poor treatment of blacks was necessary and kneeling during our National Anthem was the way to show it.

Well, I had plans to go to a Browns game in Oct. Thankfully I had not purchased the tickets yet. No way I will go and support them now.

If they truly believe blacks are treated wrongly, stand up, give a speech, have a rally. Talk about facts. How are they treated wrong? What can be done to help / fix the situation? This BS in general statement is worthless and hurts the entire NFL. I hoped and thought we were over the Colin Kaepernick insanity. Guess it's here to stay. Fuck the NFL for allowing this kind of stuff to be put in our face. I won't be watching.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know which is sadder.

11 players doing this or you being a Browns fan. You live closer to the Steelers. Make them your home team. At least you can cheer for a team that wins now and then. :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All valid points Brian. For 20 yrs I was in Columbus and made the trip to see the Browns on a regular basis. Back in late 80's and 90's when Kosar was playing and we'd stomp the Steelers pretty regularly. Then Asswipe Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore because Cleveland would not give him a new stadium. Things have gone downhill from there.
Still, if rooting for a team it will be the Browns.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The team owners and the NFL should give them a choice. Do you want to stand for the anthem and play ball or go protest in the streets with blm or antifa, because we don't condone what you're doing. The audience, both in the stadiums and TV viewers, could fix this very quickly!!
Mike

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a Browns fan, and saddened by their display / protest kneeling for the National Anthem.
So sad. 11 of the losers on this sad team decided a protest for poor treatment of blacks was necessary and kneeling during our National Anthem was the way to show it.

Well, I had plans to go to a Browns game in Oct. Thankfully I had not purchased the tickets yet. No way I will go and support them now.

If they truly believe blacks are treated wrongly, stand up, give a speech, have a rally. Talk about facts. How are they treated wrong? What can be done to help / fix the situation? This BS in general statement is worthless and hurts the entire NFL. I hoped and thought we were over the Colin Kapernic insanity. Guess it's here to stay. Fuck the NFL for allowing this kind of stuff to be put in our face. I won't be watching.

FWIW, I see the entire league as the problem. They all are entertainers and when they cease to entertain I go elsewhere. Little league finals are on, then on to something else.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
The team owners... should give them a choice. Do you want to stand for the anthem or play ball... Mike

Then Ya'll need to be fans of 'Mericas team, .... Dallas :3_7_11v:

Attachments

• dallas.jpg
    dallas.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 119

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Then Ya'll need to be fans of 'Mericas team, .... Dallas :3_7_11v:
I do think Jerry did the right thing telling all his team stand for the anthem or pack your gear and leave. I like that. But cheer for Dallas? The Cheerleaders maybe but the football team, ain't gonna do it. Can't do it. Impossible for me unless of course they are playing Tittsburgh ....then I'd prefer the big D wins. :yum: :hide:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Jerry did what all the other team owners should do if they have any cojones!!
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This says it so much better than I ever could. Letter from Marine to the NFL Commissioner:

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following:

Commissioners,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.
They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

ravcosales

Since when did the NFL become political? I don't watch 300+ guys bash into each other for their stance on education or civil rights. I think they can be role-models for kids, but they're certainly not experts on policy. The more I think I've seen everything....

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I read where Jim Brown told the players to respect the flag and respect America and last game they all stood for the national anthem.

I'm all for people having their own opinions, I sure as hell have a few of them myself, but over the years I found the workplace was best suited for work and not political activism. These players and ESPN should heed that and keep their mouths shut and do the job their boss is paying them to do.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Agree 100%, and yep, I saw that Jim Brown set em all straight and they all stood for the anthem last game. I hope that continues for the entire season. There is hope.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Agree 100%, and yep, I saw that Jim Brown set em all straight and they all stood for the anthem last game. I hope that continues for the entire season. There is hope.

You guys remember NFL players like Art Donovan, Johny Unitas, Bart Starr, Frank Gifford, Y.A. Tittle, Alex Webster? Those guys were tough as nails, they took no shit, and they kept their mouths shut and let their toughness do the talking.

Real men, not these entitled snowflake assholes we see today. They may be tough, but they act like pussies.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
you know where my luv is, & it's not there, not w/ that team-- shame on them--- my team knows honor, as well as others--