• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It's not over yet...

Sno-Surfer

Still plenty of snow out there. Went out both days this weekweekend spur of the moment but weather was just too nice. I feel a spring snow camp coming soon too.

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7064.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

A few from Saturday.

Sno-Surfer

and unless the weatherman changes his mind, we are looking at a nice Saturday for the 500 club outing. Maybe some fresh snow and sunshine!!:brows::flowers:

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Not exactly sure, but they are in great hands and I have no doubt we will be in great shape for next season.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
For what it's worth: Back in the middle ages (1976-1985) the agreement was if it snowed, and stuck(white ground), on my birthday (may 15) I got a lobster dinner. My parents had to spring for 3 dinners in that time. 1200 ft elevation due east of Salem, OR (Elkhorn, OR). Wish Sno vit was ready to join you...'

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the trip did not work out so good. The snow all melted so we opted for the pontoon boat.

Attachments

• Pontoon boat.jpg
    Pontoon boat.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 209

Sno-Surfer

Well I'll need to do some pontoon work before I can get in that real slushy stuff sno Drifter is talking about. But once we got a little higher on the hill things started to come together. These 500's are amazing machines.

IMG_7229.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
ah, that sno-drifter guy, he is so funny, truth is,

it was a great day.

Attachments

• DSC_0480.jpg
    DSC_0480.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0642.jpg
    DSC_0642.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0552.jpg
    DSC_0552.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 206

Sno-Surfer

So those photos above were from my friend Steve. He's actually knows about photography vs I just click the button a lot. I'll post some more tomorrow that I took.
So we really did have a fantastic day with the Princess and her Daughter and Sno-Drifter and his better half..and I'm not talking Barry the sno cat dog but his real better half. I had my two kids and friend Steve tag along on the sled. There was fresh snow, no wind and about as warm as can be with plenty of sunshine. In fact I've been glowing for two days from having too much fun and too much sun!
Sno drifter and my kid rope towed up behind the cat the whole way, pretty much matching move for move. We went up some steep stuff with some overhanging cornices and a couple of tricky spots to get through but ultimately we Tuckered on up. I'm still giddy about it. Sno Drifter offered to drive my cat back down so I could ski with the kids. I consider Sno Drifter to be the world champ Tucker driver so I had no worries about it getting down the mountain. We did however have a track issue where the top rollers jumped over the top of the upper captive rail but these Tucker SnoCats have an amazing support crew and it was basically fixed by the time I boarded down to the cat. Got a lesson on track tension after that. :whistling:
Days like yesterday just amaze me, we had a combination of person, place and thing that just doesn't get much better in my book. The adventurous spirit is strong in this group. :smile::flowers::clap:

Sno-Surfer

Took the Tucker to the welding doctors today and should be ready for more action by Friday. Going to have them fix the top captive rail and fill in a divot that's starting to wear down on the rail that is just past the gear where the rollers start to head back down and made an indent....Still not over...:brows::smile:

Sno-Surfer

Still not over around here. Dumped another foot over the last couple of days and it looks like more snow the next few days. We may have 2-3' ft of new snow by the weekend. Tucker is back from the welding Drs and ready for more miles of smiles.....:clap::biggrin::wink:

Sno-Surfer

I'm sure you are all tired of seeing sno-surfers endless pictures but sorry I can't help myself. Had a fantastic outing with an old friend from Jackson Hole today. Warm weather plenty of snow up high. Getting thin on the approach though.

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not tired of seeing adventure photos or other ones. it could have a little more of the other color.
jim

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Orange rules,

with more smiles per mile than all others combined, stay orange and tucker on...

and Jim, there is a Tucker waiting for you...