• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chrysler Slant 6 HB-225 distributor vacuum question

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My 73 tucker has an industrial slant six. Motor runs excellent at all rpm. Has a ball and ball carb.

Noticed today the vacuum hose off the distributor was just looped and goes nowhere. Hose end looks broke off but I can't find the vacuum port?

Where would it be ?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Little more info. The carburetor is a mid 60's Carter BBS C-1 3276 S. I believe the port is on the motor side of the carb which right now is and empty hole. Will take a closer look.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Figured it out. This is the spot where the nipple should be for distributor.

Also explains the studder from idle to open throttle . Going to have rebuilt and the missing part installed.

Thanks for listening!

Attachments

• IMG_7125.jpg
    IMG_7125.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 92

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you are looking for a port with venturie vacuum .iit will only supply vacuum when the throttle plate is opened.