• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Spryte model identification...??

R

Reddog

So to add to my dilemma, the neighbor offered to sell his 1974 full cab Spryte to me. I went to take a clsoer look and the ID tag says 201TM (or something like that) on it. It's a full body, Sprtye, 300 I6/auto, OC-12 rear diff. Doesn't look like a 201 to me. Any ideas other than somewhere, someone changed ID tags???
Looks just like this:

23-Thiokol-1200-C--Spryte-1974.jpg

But has these tracks:

10132.1.jpg

R

Reddog

That is what I thought! Gotta get a better look at that ID tag. Thanks for the input!

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The 201 was a completely different body style with a forward mounted OC-4. So it's probable the data plate is from another machine. What engine/drivetrain components is it built with?

R

Reddog

I have not gotten a chance to look closer at the tag, but I am fairly sure it is a 1200C. Ford 300 I6/auto tranny with an OC-12 rear end.

Last edited: