• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got a J5 or 2

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I did some math. For the price of a lightly used 4wheeler and a new set of tracks, I got 2 J5s :D

This is the first one home. Has a big PTO winch and a hydraulic blade. Came with 2 blades, extra transmission, extra rear end, extra wheels and various other parts. Has a rebuilt engine and the belly pan is heavily reinforced.

Attachments

• jmJ5profileOP.jpg
    jmJ5profileOP.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 466
  • jmJ5rearontrOP.jpg
    jmJ5rearontrOP.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 463

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations! What are the plans for this (these) units? And are they going to replace your Imp or will they serve different purposes? I presume you plan to do some timber and trail work?

How far did you have to travel to get them?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Bob.

This one was only 45 minutes away. The other has an original trailer and is very original.It's 3+ hours away. I plan to use them to make trails and haul wood. They both run fine but need varying amounts of wheel, tire and track work. They have both been used regularly ( and probably hard ) which is better than sitting.

The Imp seats 2. I'm waiting to see if we have a good winter and if we use it much. I don't think I can sell it for what it has cost me. ( More than two J5s :yum: )

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
The J5 was designed to be a workhorse and should work well for your woods and trail work. The winch will really be useful on that machine in the woods. The Imp is a great snow vehicle but lacks the work ability of the J5. Keep us posted as to how it works out with lots of pics.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Got the other one home. Still have to go get the spare body that came with it.This one has a tracked trailer for hauling 4 foot lengths of wood. There is a swing arm mounted under the machine that pins to the trailer. The trailer has a 4" pipe running horizontal that provides the side-to-side pivot so if the trailer falls over on it's side, the machine doesn't get yanked over too.

Attachments

• jmj534day1OP.jpg
    jmj534day1OP.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 429
  • jmtrailerontrailer34OP.jpg
    jmtrailerontrailer34OP.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 433

J5 Bombardier

:flagcan: You will find your trailer comes in handy, they're strong little machines for their size .All the trailer weight pushes down on the machines back set of wheels giving good traction
J5 Bombardier