• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

History Channel Blues

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I used to love the History Channel! The last few months though have been crappy. It seems like most every time I turn it on I see Ice Road Truckers. Talk about boring! What does this have to do with history? Then there is Monster Quest. At one time they really had some decent stuff. Am I alone here?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It's fate calling. Pay attention. You were meant to be a truck driver. :drive2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Try switching over to the SMITHSONIAN channel. We almost never watch the History channel anymore, it is full of reality shows now, rarely anything that is actually history.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Oppppps..... a Sith is a bad guy that uses The Force in Star Wars. I stand corrected Trakternut :tongue:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you Sushi. I don't watch the History Channel much any more because they've got sidetracked into the reality show world. I don't have the Sith, Smith, Stith .... the other channel either.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey now, I like Ice Road Truckers.
The History Channel isn't that bad.. you just have to be tuned in at the right time.
IMO, IRT should have been on Discovery or perhaps The Travel Channel.
Oh well...

jwstewar

Hey now, I like Ice Road Truckers.
The History Channel isn't that bad.. you just have to be tuned in at the right time.
IMO, IRT should have been on Discovery or perhaps The Travel Channel.
Oh well...

I also like IRT trucker, but agree these should have either been on Discovery or TLC. Though neither of those channels are what they started out to be either.

But did anyone watch Surviving History on the History Channel? Is was pretty good. It was a reality show, but they rebuilt a lot of the old torture devices and actually used them. It was filmed in Columbus only about 5 minutes from where I work. Didn't even know the place was there, but they make some pretty cool Halloween stuff. See http://www.scarefactory.com/

k-dog

I think a lot of channels decided not to even try and compete against the Olympics and put anything on.
I like some of the reality shows but they are all trying to emulate American Chopper always pitting a couple of people against someone else.
I'm ready to watch Axemen again, not sure if that is history or A&E.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of all these different adventure and entertaining channels..

I'd watched a program last year about a 3 man trek to the top of Everest.
There was a disaster with one of the team, I think he'd broken a leg or something on the way up, so the guy ahead of him decided to cut the rope and he fell deep into a gorge, somehow got out and made his way back to the camp before the surviving members left.
Anyone remember what this was called?
I think it was on National Geographic..
Apparently this sparked some controversy.