• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BR-60 differential fluid

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning,

I'm headed to the John Deere dealer today (way closer than cat or amsoil dealer) for some hyguard, gotta do something with that lonely machine. I've put 3 hrs on it this year, two years in a row without decent snow, hoping for some February and March blizzards.....

Is 30 wt the correct oil? Prinoth mechanic said atf but I've read otherwise here.
Thanks!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I just found out there is hygard and low viscosity hygard, got the regular, 5 gal $60

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I've been told, I use anything with a CAT TO-4 Spec, I see JD Hygard is a CAT TO-2 Spec.

Shell Spirax S4 CX 30wt is $57 per 5 gals
CAT TO-4 30 wt is $87 per 5gals
CAT TO-4 30 wt (Store Brand) is $76 per 5 Gals

Heres the link to Cats statement plus if your read farther on it gives the details on how to test your own oil to make sure it meets TO-4 Specs :biggrin:

https://parts.cat.com/wcs-static/pdfs/TO4+06-23-06.pdf

Hope this helps and keep on trackin!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy balls, that's some technical info there. I think my wife would take issue if I tried the oil in the blender test or had oil samples in the freezer. Hmmm, going to use the hy gard this time since I have it, gotta be better than the water oil mix that was in there....
I'll make the trip to Caterpillar next time

labradorshooter

I use ultramar to-4 oil in my br100 and I like it. I use 10W because its common for the temp to dip below -30 here during dec,jan and Feb and I only use the machine for short periods doing light work. for long hauls or warmer temps id use the 30w.