• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Newer Tucker Info?

jp11

Good morning. Most of the threads I see on here are about older Tuckers. Our club just recently stepped up and got a 1990 2000C. Cummins power, Allison transmission.

I'm trying to learn some new things. What type of fluid for the differential, what's the hydraulic fluid (my guess is it's ATF)

I haven't had much luck searching out service manuals, or heck, even an owners manual.

Can anyone point me in a better direction? I've got TWO snowcats to restore this summer. I did my IMP last summer and sold it last week. Now I have a 1994 ASV track truck (club sold that to me, they've had it 4 years) and the Tucker.

Any help would be appreciated.

JP

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that information resides here many members have variants of that platform..

a few years back i had a 1989 version of the 2000, nelson cat is here and he owns it now.

There was a group of folks that had great insight and assistance, seems patience is the key to gaining knowledge and insight here.

My only offerings are based on my (what i learned here and our experience):
We had a issues with the non split rear driveshaft, it really runs at a funny angle when turning, watch that shaft through its full cycle, and you will see the cause of some funky harmonic vibration and holed oil pans)
The carrier bushings on the axle tubes are Steel on Steel, make sure to jack the machine up when you grease it or you are not applying lube to anything that matters. (around here they call it knock knee'd)
The foot brake is under used and is known in our region to stay on unbenouced to the operator. it is thought to be caused by the cap on the master cyl. there is a vent hole that is less than intelligent. (look you will see it) makes a lot of heat on the transfer case.
Your rear trunion plate is hammered if the machine did any stiff hitching (which we do a lot of here in the midwest) we just keep and eye on them and weld and brace as necessary.
the front trunion is a great place to look for rough treatment. if it was driven fast and hard that plate will show it. they rarely bend around here as the operator is right on top of it.

There is a mold for sprockets for sale here in WI. make your own. (search craigslist it was still there a couple weeks ago)

Don't be afraid to turn your bogie axles over seasonally and they tend to bend.
the model 2000 is a solid machine and a great grooming platform, we had a low fuel burn and if we got stuck it was temporary as a better line was selected and we went off tugging and chugging all night long.

my $.02
Mike

jp11

Thanks

I haven't had time to really even look it over well yet. I got it across town (8 miles, and about 30 trees cut) with a couple other guys.

I gave my neighbor little boy a ride out to the trail (half mile) and back.. and stuck it in the barn.

I've got two little fixes on the ASV drag.. then I'll get that put away for summer.

Mud season now.. So good time to spend some time in the barn, and stay off the gravel that's mud, and the lawn that would just make a mess for the next couple months.

I'll keep looking around the site.

JP

nelsoncat

I was able to purchase an owners manual from Track,INC although it seemed to be more for front engine Tuckers and pricy for the quality of the reproduction.
We did a very complete shop service and took notes. I will pull the book when I get a chance and post it. In my opinion these early 2000's are easy to work on and pretty tough. The sound of that Cummins with a chrome straight pipe is awsome!
Craig

jp11

I was able to speak with a service guy at the factory. They were very nice, and I asked few questions, and took some quick notes. He did comment that back then, the owners manuals weren't much use, as they covered several different configurations and models.

What I really yearn for, and can't get.. is some nice parts manuals. If you can SEE how something is supposed to be put together, it's much easier.

We have pulled a track, and have some basic bearings and such to do. I've got a set of 4 wheels to send to Fallline.

I guess most of it I've just got to learn on the fly. I did get a nice list of best to use lubricants, as I asked specifically about those.

What I didn't get was quantity! anyone?

Differentials? Transfer Case?

JP