• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Millionaire spooked from mansion

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
_45038156_cliftonhall.jpg
Clifton Hall dates back to the Norman conquest

A millionaire businessman from Nottinghamshire has said ghosts forced him to flee his 52-room mansion.
Clifton Hall was bought by Anwar Rashid for £3.6m in 2007, but he has now handed it back to the bank.
Mr Rashid claimed that during the eight months the family lived there they were haunted by mysterious figures and found unexplained blood stains on bedclothes.
He called in paranormal investigators and said he stopped paying the mortgage as a last resort.
The 32-year-old, who is worth £25m, made his money through a chain of nursing homes and a hotel in Dubai, and owns 26 properties.
He and his wife Nabila, 25, moved into Clifton Hall - which dates back to the Norman conquest - with their daughters, aged seven, five and three, and 18-month-old son.
o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
When we found red blood spots on the baby's quilt, that was the day my wife said she'd had enough
end_quote_rb.gif

Anwar Rashid

Mr Rashid said: "I fell for its beauty but behind the facade it is haunted...
"The ghosts didn't want us to be there and we could not fight them because we couldn't see them."
He said the paranormal experiences began on the day they moved in, ranging from tapping on the wall and unexplained voices to ghostly presences taking the forms of their children.
Mr Rashid added: "When we found red blood spots on the baby's quilt, that was the day my wife said she'd had enough. We didn't even stay that night."
Paranormal experts were unable to solve the problem.
The family left in August 2007 and Mr Rashid, who now lives in Wollaton, stopped paying the mortgage in January. The Yorkshire Bank finally reclaimed the hall on Thursday. He said: "When people used to tell me about ghosts, I would never believe them and would say 'whatever'. "But I would have to tell any new owner that it was haunted having experienced it."

Creepy! :huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/nottinghamshire/7628098.stm