• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'55 Tucker 443

Beartooth

Going through a few items on the 443. Does anyone have info on the following:

1: resealed trans case and wanted to put in new u joints. No luck in finding similar measurements. 3.25x3.25x1.4
2: Fuel tank Gauge Ohm resistance. Going to order a custom tank sender.

Any help appreciated.

Doug

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Closest we found was this 1.417 cap
And 3.946 at the cross

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 241

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That fuel sender should be specific to the gauge type. Stewart warner is different ohms than most others.

If it is sw you can get a replacement from summit. Should be a direct replacement available either way. We like pics!

We missed you in McCall and I was wonder where you haven been?

Beartooth

Thanks guys for the input. I too found the Moog 817. I just figured there should be one that was closer to spec. I did find a skf that was almost exact with exception that the grease zerk was in one end. I thought of drill a hole in the locking plate/caps to correct that but thought it would weaken it too much.

I havent pulled my sender yet. I cant tell if the gauge is an SW or not. I had one of my guys retire at the end of the year. One guy down and too much to do. I have rehired and already planing next year. Hardest decision is Which cat to bring. Thanks guys.

Doug