• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

drive axle?

Chiptruck128

SUPER Site Supporter
Dear snocat members, i am in very need of a drive axle for a 1982 bombardier bombi as i broke mine if anyone has or knows where i can get one it would be greatly appreciated thank- you all regards, Curt.

Chiptruck128

SUPER Site Supporter
Good day everyone, i am having hydraulic issues with my 82 bombi, my factory blade is having a hard time raising up. I can get the blade to angle left and right and will lower but will not raise. I changed the two hydraulic filters and filled the hydraulic tank. it was working for a little while and then started to have these issues, any help would be great, thanks, Curt.

olympicorange

.... Sounds like the piston seals for the lift cyl. Compromised. Couple different ways you can go at it. If one of your other cyls.is the same size, you can swap them around, and see if the problem follows the cyl. If not, then run the machine while trying to lift blade for 10 second intervals... Engine at a high idle ...for 5-10 mins. Then check to see if the " barrel" of cyl. Is warm... This indicates internal leakage, blown piston seals, etc. Or use something to raise blade up as high as possible... Cap off the " rod out " port on cyl. Release the blade weight to cyl.....and check for " drift" ....this will also test piston seals....

Chiptruck128

SUPER Site Supporter
Re hydraulic issues

Hello Olympicorange, thank you kindly for posting help, i took the cap off the hydraulic tank and blew into it a few times and now the blade is raising and lowering like normal even on low idle must have had ice or something in the line,:thumbup: any way thanks again have a great day, regards, Curt.