• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Marine Water Pump Info- A BIG FYI

JimR

Charter Member
If you own a 4.3, 305 or 350 marine engine this will be of value to you. Seirra makes a replacement water pump for the original that is $100.00 cheaper than a marine pump from your local boat dealer. My local dealer wanted $124.95 for a water pump for my 260/350 Mercruiser/Chevy engine. This motor has a plastic timing cover which requires a different pump than the normal steel timing cover engine. After spending a good hour with a few different auto parts stores. We were able to cross over the Mercruiser number to a Seirra pump. I just picked the pump up and it is in fact a marine water pump. The cost was $24.95. It has a stainless steel back cover, brass fittings and brass impeller just like the original. The brass items were not a concern of mine since I am in the process of converting my motor over to a closed system with antifreeze and just wanted a normal water pump that was the same height and would fit over the plastic timing cover. Hopefully this info can save someone a lot of money down the road. I bought it through Advanced Auto Parts. The Seirra number is 18-3599. To top off my good luck I felt lucky today and bought one lottery ticket. I just won $2000.00 on a $2.00 ticket. I see a 6000 pound boat trailer in the near future for the Formula I just bought.

Last edited: