• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a neighbor's fried 026 on the bench . Scoring on the exhaust and intake side of piston and cylinder .Gotta pressure/vac test it to be sure the bearing seal are good . But, I'm certain it was a combination of poor carb tune , uper dull chain ,and tcw3 water cooled 2 cycle oil . Going to change the impuse ,and fuel lines ,fuel filter , intake boot ,rim sprocket , piston ,and cylinder . It's a mag cased saw and worth saving . Gonna set him back 250-300 bucks in parts . Labor, NC .

I have an 026. Best saw I've ever owned!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yes, and I was watching the bunnies play. :smile:

Looks like you found a nice place.

We have a bunny family living at the barn. They slip under the fence to play in the front yard. Most of our cockers ignore them but the puppy just can't under why the funny looking dogs run away instead of playing!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
PG, you better not let those bunnies come anywhere near my outside cat. I just wish she wouldn't dump them at the back door.

Nixon, do you only work on clean saws? I swear that my brand new 14" Echo wasn't that clean when I bought it. :biggrin:

I spent 6 hours at the washer tournament setting up, breaking down and playing. The playing part was really short. My wife and I lost in the second round to 2 women. Darn, I swear they were ringers but they didn't win. Two young guys in their early 20s won 4 tickets to a suite at an upcoming Texas Ranger game.

Came home exhausted. The heat was oppressive and humid. I took it easy until evening then I took the new pellet grill round to the back deck and fired it up to make sure that it worked. This thing is like cheating. You set the temperature, cooking time and meat temperature from your smart phone and walk away. You can check on how it's cooking from inside the house in the a/c with your phone. Not fair. We're going to start easy tomorrow with hamburgers but I'm going to smoke a small brisket some day next week. Once I get the hang of it we're going to take it camping in the RV.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bourdain is here; we went to see if we might get a pic w/ him-- he wasn't @ either place we went to; not by when we'd gotten there & my buddy hasta be @ his job early, so we said 'oh, well', (w/ many explicitives that i choose to not type)-- so, we went to 'iggle to get groceries-- aw, well-- heard where he went 'cept my pal got tipsy & was not gonna drive again tonite-- smart guy~ kinda-- glad i saw bourdain live years ago so i cannot bitch @ my joel too much--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, it's a good thing my cat is strictly indoors, otherwise.. :unsure:

Bourdain, Aubrey?? sigh.... love that man :smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So anyhow, today is one of the extra days I picked up, so yeah.. I'll be working from 2-10p.
It's going to be in the upper 80s/low 90s most of the week.
Thank ya Jesus for air conditioning.. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank ya Jesus for air conditioning.. :yum:

Ya got that right.

Our oldest son, when he was teenager, used to think that the guy who invented frozen french fries ought to get the Nobel Prize for something. I feel the same way about the guy who invented a/c.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, my grilling last night was a disaster. I got the small table set up and put the grill on it. I put one of those grease absorbing bbq mats under the grill and fired it up at 150° to make sure everything was working. Worked just great. I increased the temperature to 500° and sat back, waiting for my wife to bring the patties out but never got that far. It seems that the bbq mat is made for absorbing grease in a non high temperature environment. It caught fire and melted the table. Before I got everything under control it had also melted the ac/dc adapter and part of the power cord. I offered to do the burgers on the propane grill but my wife told me not to bother, she'd do them on the grill inside and please, would I try not to burn down the house while she did it. I headed for the Scotch bottle and ordered replacement parts while I was still coherent.

OK, I was knocked down but not out. Round 2 will begin as soon as the replacement parts arrive.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did my own laundry and my own shopping today. :biggrin:

Ran to Walmart for groceries and got some deli fried chicken (good!)
Then stopped by Ace Hardware and picked up some potted geraniums.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
'twas my day off, went out with the gals for breakfast, then to shop for groceries, came home and puttered around, decorated the new abode bathroom-wise, things from Hobby Lobby-mostly nautical - wood and cast iron stuff!

Napped with the cat on the sofa while watching Goodfellas, then the news.
Made baked flounder for dinner with lemon butter,tarragon and scallions, wild rice and peas.

It's been a GREAT day if I do say so.
:smile:

Angelface

I got thrown in a pool with all my clothes on and I'm not exactly happy.. Not because of my clothes, but my phone!!! It was ruined! But I got a better phone, but I lost my pics. :(

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's our plan for the weekend.
a3e4571f866c7c802fab883ec3f8a655.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I'm not quite as ambitious of a drinker, but I'll admit there is a small glass of 115 proof Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style Bourbon sitting next to me as I type.

I've been staining wood for the ukulele kit. I think its probably done with the staining? Maybe.
The top is stained walnut, the body sides & back, as well as the neck, have been stained with a couple coats of walnut plus a couple coats of red mahogany. Its what I had. Since this kit was only $39 it didn't make much sense to go buy new stain. But I wanted 2 tone and the back and sides look sort of like rosewood, not quite dark enough, might have to do a couple more coats? Back & sides contrast nicely with the warm medium brown color of the top.​

Also sprayed a bunch of poison ivy with weed killer, mixed extra strong. Hope that kills it. 4 gallons worth of spraying.

Built a 'rabbit cage' to surround a rabbit nest that is in the dog's yard.
Mommy bunny made a tactical error building her nest in an area where 4 dogs frequent. I know 3 of the baby bunnies, maybe 4 are dead. There is at least 1, and maybe 2, that are still snuggled in the nest ... which is now surrounded by a cage to keep the dogs out of the nest. Can't help any bunny that wanders out of that cage, hopefully they make it to the woods (50' away) at a time when the dogs are NOT outside.​

Bought a couple of Target gift cards for some of my fencing students that have graduation parties coming up.

This evening is going to be a family relaxation time watching a movie (yet to be determined) on Netflix.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just happy to be home sweet home.
Got a call at work today from my sister in law telling me my brother fell off a ladder and broke his leg, so I'll try to make it to the hospital in the morning to see him.
He thinks he's still Superman.:hammer:

Other than that, I had a good day.
It's so nice coming home and being by myself again with Mr. Lightning waiting here.
Never mentioned being alone when Gretch was still with me, because she was special and I sure never felt alone.
Never thought I'd get a cat again either (Steve and I had Bianca), but I love him and he keeps me entertained.

Here is a picture of my dining room table with a floral arrangement.
Making it my own pretty place little by little.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Made my morning run in to town for my lottery ticket and more Band Aids. Damn but those chiggers got me again and I needed to cover up the bite sites. It's OK, I got them yesterday. I sprayed 250 gallons of insecticide on the yard. I swear that I could hear the little buggers "croak".

I piddled around putting out some more rocks and put my new mini water pump together, thanks Bob. The hose barb on the discharge hose was cracked. Rather than mess with Generac, I may run in to Tractor Supply or Ace tomorrow and get a new one.

My wife had to go in to town early evening so I took the opportunity to get out the ladder and replace an outside security light around the house that had burned out. She's banned me from climbing ladders unless they are the platform variety or she asks me to do it????. I thought that she wouldn't notice but I was wrong. Ah well, she'll forgive me tomorrow ... or the day after ... or perhaps never. Women and elephants have a lot in common.

It's so hot and humid here that working outside right now isn't a whole lot of fun.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Got up early and walked to Jack - In the Box (fast food chain in the west) got a terrible breakfast. Couldn't get ice and I thought it was just me (I can't figure out their new pop machine). I asked and was told it didn't have ice.
So the guy got me ice that normally goes to drive through customers.
Then they got my order wrong.
Then when I did get it I got a half warm croissant.
I did take the survey I the website.
And these are people that want 15 bucks an hour.
Then I came home and did a load of laundry.
Checked my email and saw an alert message from the bank. I called them and was told it was nothing. Which makes me wonder that if it was nothing why did they send me an alert?
Then I noticed that one of my towel cupboards was falling off so I had to take it off and fix it.
I noticed that my cats had barfed all over.
That's what cats do -Barf, it doesn't mean they are sick.
Barf, track litter & one pees all over. Not good pets.
I don't even have snow here and probably should have bought a snow cat instead.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose that I better go get ready for church. After that it's lunch and a visit to the M-I-L in the nursing home.

This afternoon I need to sting trim along the driveway and around the garden. I don't know how much of that I'll get done. It's been so hot and humid here lately, it's been miserable. This summer is shaping up to be a real booger.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
looking to get my piercing/tattoo on a Sunday evening-- not so simplistic; not on a Sunday here in my location, oddly enough~~

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Road-tripping. Bellingham WA last night and heading into western Canada today. We haven't seen the sun since we were in eastern OR last week. Is it still up there?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Road-tripping. Bellingham WA last night and heading into western Canada today. We haven't seen the sun since we were in eastern OR last week. Is it still up there?

I don't know. We haven't seen it for a couple of days.

Woke up this morning to thunder and pouring rain. That'll put the kybosh on my plans for today. I was going to do the string trimming that I didn't do yesterday. I still have to dig out the trailer, put the bush hog on the little tractor and load everything up so my wife can mow her beloved library annex on Tuesday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Returned an unassembled 5 drawer dresser to IKEA. Bought it for Mel's new apartment a couple weeks ago. Found a much nicer dresser, already assembled, with a very minor defect, for less money than the IKEA kit.

Then went to Chinatown in Chicago. Spent about 3 hours there. Great lunch. Then we went junk shopping, stopped off at a BBQ place and bought a duck to bring home. Also stopped at a Vietnamese Pho restaurant and bought 3 different Pho soups. So its going to be oriental dinner tonight too.

Walked the dogs when we got home. The puppy can't walk as far as we think he can, started to get tired and wanted to nap on the side of the road. He's passed out now.

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 57

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio then a whole lot of nothing. Had a couple naps. Rough day today. Legs nearly gave out on me going down 2 steps. Had to sit for 15 minutes on the steps to regain my strength.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Had to take the mower deck to be repaired today. One of the front support brackets broke due to a chain reaction of failures due to a piss poor design by Cub Cadet.

One of my good friends at the Spring & Chassis Shop took care of me. I got it back home and remounted back on the Cubbie just before the sky opened up and started raining.

Three days ago my neighbor decided to buy a Cub Cadet and get rid of his Deere John because he says mine always works and never fails. :yum::yum: He jinked me. :hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Funny thing you mention riding mowers. Looks like I'll be getting one this weekend. My grampa had one he barely used. My brother ended up with it after he passed. Now that my brother moved to a smaller place he has no use for it. And somewhere along the way my dad picked up a new snowblower attachment that I'll be mounting. I really don't need a riding mower but figured I may as well grab it as we are looking for a bigger place with at least a couple acres of yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.