• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Simple Algebra Question Confusing Internet

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... post answers in white so folks have to highlight to see your answer. 21

Attachments

• SimpleAlgebraQuestion.PNG
    SimpleAlgebraQuestion.PNG
    466.4 KB · Views: 145

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
First question answered since 3 horses = 30 that means each horse is 10
Second question answered since there is one horse 10 points plus four horse shoes that mean each horse shoe is 2 points because 2 +2 + 2+ 2 =8 +10 =18
Third question answered horse shoes 2 points each =4 - 2 boots =2 therefore the boot is 1 point
Last question (boot) 1 + (horse) 10 = 11 X (horse shoe) 2 = 32

that's my explanation hope it's right

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that the last equation should be written:

Boot + (horse x horse shoe)

Priorities, priorities!!!!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hell now I'm more confused than ever. Hey I had to drop put of college because I couldn't pass algebra anyway.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell now I'm more confused than ever. Hey I had to drop put of college because I couldn't pass algebra anyway.
:yum: I had the same answer as you did 11 x 2 = 22 ....but I forgot about the order of operation. when you have an equation, even without parins ...you first do multiplication and division and then addition and subtraction.

which means it's as if the equation were writtien like so:
1 + (10 x 2)
1 + (20)

Did that help?

Leni

Dad was a physics major and Mom was a chemistry major. I'd like to know how come math and I are not friends.