• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How do i convert my money?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I wanted to change a few hundred dollars of mine into Euro's. How can I do that?

working woman

Site Supporter
I wanted to change a few hundred dollars of mine into Euro's. How can I do that?

couple of different ways. go to your bank and they can "order" your money. this will take a couple of days and there is usually a fee for this.

Wait till you get to your destination. Usually the airport will have a window that you can exchange on spot.

Also, for some reason I think AAA has euro travelers cks.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
No no no..... I want to convert some of the money in my bank to Euros and then some to silver. I feel the dollar is going to take a deep six later this year.

Working Woman.... love the new avatar! LOL!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
No no no..... I want to convert some of the money in my bank to Euros and then some to silver. I feel the dollar is going to take a deep six later this year.

Open an E*Trade global trading account. From there, you can convert funds from US dollars to several foreign currencies.

I do not know if you can buy base metals there.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Sushi, I thought you mentioned gold recently but I can't find the thread so I'll put this here.

If you are going to speculate in any commodity the only way to come out ahead is to beat the professional traders. The guy who sells you the commodity only does so because he thinks he knows more than you do. If you are going to enter that arena you have to stay on top of all available information - otherwise you wake up one morning - "whahappened?? - and discover you got left behind.

Anyhow here's an article to get you started. I suggest search for similar articles continually to stay on top of the game.

CSM - Will commodities Boom last?

As for investing in the Euro - I think it would be more profitable to invest in a company, or better, a broad mutual fund, that pays dividends in Euros. The return should be better than idle funds. You still have to stay on top of the fundamental issues, as I described for commodities. In my own opinion, FWIW, I think this has better prospects than commodities.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Exactly. Although I think his main point is, he prefers Euro shares in general, over several Brit companies he names.

If you read this kind of stuff all the time you will at least be going in the same direction as well informed investors and less likely to be blindsided.

Last year my wife got all excited about a flier Fidelity Investments sent us. They had founded a new mutual fund, to specialize in 'undervalued' (not yet widely known) Asia small-caps. She moved over a couple thousand $ from a cash fund that was earning about 5%, and watched it daily.

It went way up. Whatever Fidelity was buying, everybody suddenly wanted. Wife was excited - what great foresight! Then the mortgage crisis hit the US. Her stock came down - those small companies need to manufacture stuff for US consumers to stay profitable. She noted today she's right back to equal to the return on her interest-earning savings. Not a bad investment, it's just that this isn't the right time for that sort of firm to prosper. At least she knew to not buy finance company stocks!

Me, I'm waiting for the Bush era to be over. Until then anything could happen and I'm not going to bet my money on it. But I do think Euro stocks will do better than the US for a while.