• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Progress on IMP

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like you hit the perfect combination of pressure and flow for your system. Glad to hear it is working well. Do you modulate the turn by the amount of time you deflect the stick or do you have to bump it multiple times? What type of side stick controller are you using?

hansoni

Bumping it while underway makes the small adjustments to the turn and is predictable as I am getting the hang of it after the weekend.
Got some time in the IMP with family and friends during the day and at night using the LED's. Everything worked well and put it to the test up some bigger hills. The small LED's on the sides really light up the ground beside the machine and help everyone in. Here's a pic looking west with Mt. Washington hidden in the clouds.

Attachments

• Al and the IMP.jpg
    Al and the IMP.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 237

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
You did a fabulous job on the rebuild and rear cab. I love the LEDs on my cat too. All of these modern devices that are accessible to anyone nowadays gives these 40-50 year old machines new life.
Glad to know the hydraulic steering is working well. That sure clears out the area in front of the drivers seat. It is always a chore climbing in and out of these things especially when you are old. Now that everyone knows it works, other guys will probably work off your design.

Have fun and be safe.

hansoni

Thanks for the praise. We had a lot of fun building our IMP. Working on our 2nd machine now and will post pics of our crew cab build when a little further along.