• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rant Two: BOA Affiliate Merrill Edge

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
While I was on the BOA Website I decide to use their link to check on my Merrill Edge IRA. That had a link for "Feed Back."
This is what I told them:

I was talked into opening two Merrill Edge accounts by one of your associates while at a BOA. Both continually seemed to average losing money. Fortunately I was able to transfer one of the accounts back into savings.
Unfortunately It seems like I am stuck for a few years (until it's maturity date) in a Merrill Edge IRRA.
It also continues to ( on average) lose money.
I am not investing to LOSE money.
I won't say that investing with Merrill Edge is the dumbest thing I have ever done because (being human) I have done many dumb things. However investing with Merrill Edge ranks right up there as one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I was rather surprised that Merrill Edge bothered to return my Feed Back but not surprised that after 20 questions their rep. tried to give me a line of total B.S.
I told the young woman that I didn't wish to be rude but even though I didn't have much to do she was wasting my time, have a good day goodbye.
As the expression goes "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."