• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped off the camper for warranty work at the dealership. Went to Physio. Mowed the lawn. Made lunch. Shipped kids off to their day program. Now waiting for an oil change at the dealership. Followed by another appointment. Taking the missus out for supper. Picking up a couple purchases off kijiji. Then home. All the while, getting quotes on getting a basic 16x16 deck built at camp.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the camper this morning from the dealership. Now busy packing and prepping for tomorrow's road trip. (first of the summer with the camper). Headed 3 hours northeast to my hometown of Geraldton Ontario for a family reunion/internment of two family members who passed away this year.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
80 degrees and sunny so we went for a long drive in the rag top, ate lunch at the A&W. Seeing as how we had burgers and fries for lunch, may as well finish off the day with some steak burritos. Life is good. :biggrin:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
getting groceries & may visit my buddies in 2 separate places; both @ their jobs-- he is usually cranky during his shift; my other pal is a dear when she is on-- (she dials me when she gets a slow shift 4 me 2 to be there & chit-chat w/ her, so i get there via cab, or she offers to get me & drop me @ my local pub post-shift-- luv 'em, both--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Long day running around shopping out of town.
It was supposed to storm again, but so far nothing.
Sure is humid out there though.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Retired from the construction and building trade and taken a job for a aerospace company as a thermal engineer, I now make aircraft engine insulation parts, good hours and pay perks ect.

To old for working outside in all wether, single man and very healthy, weight loss worked not gained any to which I am proud.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Retired from the construction and building trade and taken a job for a aerospace company as a thermal engineer, I now make aircraft engine insulation parts, good hours and pay perks ect.

To old for working outside in all wether, single man and very healthy, weight loss worked not gained any to which I am proud.

Great to hear from you!

Sounds like a better job. Inside I hope?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Sounds good for you all the way around. Nice to hear from you again.
:clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Rained all day, so went grocery shopping and took life easy. May even sleep in until 5 in the morning if it is still raining.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Made me a set of ramps to work on my vehicles . Used 20d nails ,so they are really well built ...

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 49

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back home. Nice weekend spending time with family members. Both my gramma and uncle passed away in march and april. Nice to see gramma reunited with my grampa who passed away in 1994. Diabetes killed him. Now it killed my uncle as well.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Built a slide for the playground at the local park .

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 123

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Been working on rebuilding our patio but the heat has been a killer. 90 degrees today with a dewpoint of 70. I started today at 6 but had to quit at noon. Just cannot take the heat like I used to.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We'll be doing the same thing in a couple weeks at camp. After 4 years there, we finally decided to build a decent 16x16 deck instead of two 4x8 sections of deck stuck together.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, it was hot today (95!) - not that I spent that much time outside.
Another day at work which seemed to go by very fast.

Looking forward to having the weekend off, as my eldest granddaughter is coming to stay with me from Friday to Sunday afternoon.
Should be fun :smile:

Jeff has business in Pittsburgh and she didn't want to tag along.
They'll soon be moving there... sigh..

Sorry to hear about your loss, Brian with the Grams and Uncle.
John, what a lovely thing to do for the playground. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for the kid to get here around 3.
Going to feast at a seafood and grille place.
After that who knows?
Knowing her, she'll be texting her pretty little fingers off, lost in phoneland.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been hot and muggy! or as we used to say in the UK (close).
Storms early morning hours, hit and miss most of the day tomorrow.

Kasey and I enjoyed our day.
That restaurant in Findlay was spectacular.
Shrimp cocktail,crab cakes, grilled swordfish, lobster mac and cheese, cuban sweet corn.
A really nice place.

Right now she's on the couch watching Hallmark Channel , texting friends and teasing the cat.
Predictable. :whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
.. and I just showed her the forum thread where I've posted pictures of her in Selfies.
She said Nana! why would you do that, I look ugly.
Then she wanted to know if this place is like Facebook or something.
Told her no, it's better than Facebook and you are beautiful.
:biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The talking head who claims to be a TV weatherman said that the National Weather Service says we got 3.14" of rain last night ... don't know if any of that is true, but I do know that there is too much water in the pool. Over the top of both skimmers (I have a low and a high skimmer) so it looks like I will be pulling out the gas powered water pump and pumping some water OUT of the swimming pool to prevent damage from water seeping behind the pool walls.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We sure got rain, and storms started at 3:30am.
One BOOM shook the house and we lost power for a second.
Had to reset the stove clock and reboot the box on the tv.

She wants to venture out to the mall today.
Maybe. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Doing sfa at camp today. It's 2pm and so far the only thing I have accomplished is frying up some bacon and eggs this morning. Oh. And I installed a wall mount for a 24" tv/dvd combo in our room. We now have 3 tv's in a 36' camper.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we ended up going to the mall and all she did was want to go in the girl shops and look at clothes and say " I like that, but it's too expensive" "ohh I want that!"

Got any money for that kid, because I don't. :biggrin:

Then she wanted to get pretzels from Auntie Anne's and try on shoes (which were perfect and a shame that she couldn't find those in Defiance).

This is why I am thankful I never had a daughter lol

Jeff will be here around noon tomorrow to pick her up.

I made a nice breakfast casserole for dinner which she loved, so more of that in the morning for breakfast.

Love this girl to death, but she is spoiled and very bright, and often times a little manipulating.
I suppose that comes with the territory of losing your Mother so young and having other family members coddle you because of.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
chit-chat via cell w/ my bartender-pal; we're collaborating/getting a fellow pal to get me & take me to see her soon, & spoke to my
pal joel, & my brother, as well-- he is placing a current pic of me on here soon~ once he makes lunch 4 his kiddos--

i'm taking a nap~

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Packed up and came back from camp. Would have liked to spend the day but we have 2 separate respite kids staying with us for the weekend. One is going home this afternoon. So none of our four kids were with us this weekend but we still ended up with 3 kids. Our full time foster and 2 respites

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure is quiet again without Kasey here.
I napped, made a simple supper/caprese salad and some cantaloupe.
We got some more rain.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Did some mowing with my new tow behind mower . Gotta get either get smaller wheels ,or 4:88 gears ,as I want to up the blade speed . Might also need to put a few caution stickers on it .

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.