• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol 2100 sapmaster

olympicorange

……. intended to swing down sunday afternoon, … helped move ''the daughter'' into a new place , thought it was only a couple loads,...well at 4pm , reality set in ,.. bummer,.... maybe this weekend ,...:smile:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Bruce, we boiled all the sap we had, hopefully tomorrow or friday it will run again, i'll let you know .

olympicorange

….. it varies from year to year , slightly, depending on a variety of things; water content , sugar, quality, etc... which also controls the grade , amber, etc.....but it's usually like 40 to 50 gals,... give or take ,.... to make one gallon of syrup. a labor of love to say the least...….:smile:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Bruce, We should be boiling this afternoon,collecting sap this morning. If you come down wear your mud boots !!Tucker someday were averaging 50 gallons to 1 ,the sap isn't that sweet in the lowlands working toward 25 gallons of syrup today. Deducting the thiokol and supplys ive bought this season probably between $350-$400 per gallon !!!:smileywac

olympicorange

hey don, roger that,.. I don't think ive taken my mud boots off for a month...lol.... really surprised how deep the mud is , for such little snow we had this year. and for only a few days below zero, the frost seems fairly deep,...lack of snow cover . yes, sure is an expensive hobby. :thumbup: but the sugar grooves are glad you're relieving the pressure..... lol

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Gathered another 500 gallons yesterday, be stuffing wood in the arch for at least 10 hrs today,raining outside good day to stay near a hot stove !!!:th_lmao:

olympicorange

…… how'd you make out today , don...……… couldn't get away. started off damp, and warmed up to 55 here...………….

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
We gathered up another tankfull of sap and boiled. were up over 2000 gallons of sap and 40 of syrup. looks like we still got sugaring weather coming this week.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Sugaring season is about over here,the 2100 Sapmaster gathered over 3500 gallons of sap and we made a little over 70 gallons of syrup. Now for cleanup. Take about 4 days to clean everything up, and then we will be using my brother Rays J5 Bombardier and bombardier tracked trailer to glade out some of the orchard and replentish our sugar wood supply. :smile:

alryA

Folks are still sugaring here. Of course we still have good snow on the ground. Please post photos if you can.

olympicorange

……. morning don, ...how did this year compare to years past, ...as far as quality & qty.'s,..... haven't heard from brother ''Greg'' on his season yet,...but I ''ll inquire,.... clean up is always the hard part... but most important for next season,.... :thumbup:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Bruce,We hadn't sugared the last 2 years,last year we had a chance of flooding and all my buckets would have gone down the pemi.The last year we sugared we made around 56 gallons of syrup from 2400 gallons of sap . the sugar content was really low this year,but the quality of syrup was excellent!!!! even the B grade we made last has excellent taste.:clap:

olympicorange

………. roger that ,.... short season . brother greg said they made all dark amber, 99 gals.,.....down for them ,... 30 days,.... till next season , now.... onto the spring projects , well as much as possible with the ''stay in place'' ,....around the homestead,.....

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:smile: I usually stay in the state of new Hampshire, some times in Vermont,some times in Maine. :th_lmao: Im not sure what my next project is,got a little bulldozing to do by the sugarhouse tomorrow.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I used the d5 and bulldozed out a road to another part of the sugar orchard, cleaning up a bunch of small trees for our next years wood supply. We are getting a late snowstorm as i type this. There saying northern n.h and maine could get up to 20" "CRAZY" !!! heres the road i just opened up.

medium.jpg

olympicorange

……..'' LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW'' ,... love april snow ,.. never lasts ,... little more mud,.. crazy winter ….:smile:

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
We used the 2100 sapmaster to gather another 300 gallons of sap today,so we got 600 gallons to start boiling tomorrow . Heres a few pictures of the tank and buckets on the back of the machine.Still have some snow,but it will be turning to mud soon !!!!

Love the 2100 Sapmaster.:clap: My much better half and I have a running discussion over the use of the syrup. I insist that it is a beverage, her, not so much.

Thanks for your invaluable contribution to society. Boiler Lives Matter!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well it could be a beverage:smile:,my nephew distilled some down and made about 180 proof !!!!!!goes good with hawaiian punch !!!!!:clap::clap:

Thefatsquatch

I absolutely love these machines! Yours is a pretty one!
I need to get the blade mounted on mine, so I am zooming in on several of your pictures! lol
Thanks for the post!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
It does fine with the narrow tracks,but we dont get that much snow here anymore. Plus most of my trees are on pretty flat ground.