• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Morning Briefing: Inevitable—Everyone Hates Kaepernick Now

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Morning Briefing: Inevitable—Everyone Hates Kaepernick Now
BY STEPHEN KRUISER NOVEMBER 18, 2019

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/the-morning-briefing-inevitable-everyone-hates-kaepernick-now/

He Finally Did It

In the three years since Colin Kaepernick knelt his way off of the San Francisco 49ers and out of the National Football League, the one thing the drama has lacked is ambivalence. People either hated him or viewed him as a social hero who was being mistreated and prevented from playing the game he loves.

Now everybody just hates him.

Throughout his supposedly unwanted hiatus from football, Kaepernick and those representing him have insisted that he is staying in playing shape and merely wanted a chance to showcase his skills for a team.

Last week, the NFL offered him that chance. The Nike hero was supposed to work out for twenty-five teams in Atlanta last Saturday.

As most of you probably know by now, the workout was derailed a bit because Kaepernick did what he truly does best: act like an insufferable prima donna.

At 2:30 p.m. Eastern time, with about two dozen scouts waiting at the Falcons’ facility, Kaepernick announced that the workout would be moved to a high school an hour away. Many scouts threw up their arms and headed straight to the airport. Dozens of reporters and cameramen drove south to the high school field.

The NFL -- which often gets things like this wrong -- responded like adults, but if you read between the lines here, you can see that they’re really over Kaepernick:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
NFL’s response to Colin Kaepernick opting to do his own workout today in Atlanta:

One thing that gets lost in all of the noise that Kaepernick deliberately creates around himself is that his quarterback skills had been in a bit of a freefall throughout most of his last season in the NFL. He’d been benched, and that had nothing to do with his kneeling. A few years away from the game certainly haven’t made any of that better, no matter how hard he’s been working out.

Kaepernick probably has adequate NFL backup quarterback skills, but does anybody believe this pathological attention you-know-what would take that kind of role?

Not after last Saturday.

Attachments

• 13AFF20C-5181-4AF5-A886-9DEB3CF50A54.jpg
    13AFF20C-5181-4AF5-A886-9DEB3CF50A54.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 147

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
pretty standard (pun intended) liberal behavior,... give them what they ask for, and they keep moving the goal posts.

The only reason so many teams were represented was that they were afraid of being called racists.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
He's too stupid to realize he's exposing his narcissistic self for all to see. I hope his adoptive parents are really proud of him!!
Mike

Bannedjoe

Never liked him in the first place.
I gave up on pro sports many many years ago when I found out what many of those guys make in a season, I might never earn in a lifetime.

I firmly believed I should be paid a few million for every year I did my job working around deep fryers with 350º boiling oil in them.