• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 Daytona 500

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Did not watch the race. Back in the day I was a huge NASCAR fan, but "back in the day" means Richard Petty, Buddy Baker, Donnie Allison, David Pearson, Plymouth Super Birds.

I watched them all race at the Tidewater 300 at Hampton, VA. Get this, the track was dirt!! Oh yeah, those were the days, my friend. :smile:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't watch NASCAR anymore. I'm with TR. Superbirds, Taledegas, etc. Before all the damn rules.

Good wreck though, if that's what you came for.

Musta been a fun few seconds for whomever was in 38. Probably thought he was going to burn to death.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After all the single file racing all week I thought it was just going to be more of the same for the 500. Even without the big wreck it was good racing. I pvrd it and went to watch ice racing here.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't tell you the last Nascar race I attended or even watched.

It's been years.
I'm a big racing fan. But as we don't have a full time track here and the nearest one is 5 hours away, I get my fix through nascar and other racing on tv. It's definitely not the same as it was before. I record all the races but usually I watch them in ffwd in about 20 minutes. Sometimes I don't even do that depending on the track. All those mile and a half tracks are about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm a big racing fan. But as we don't have a full time track here and the nearest one is 5 hours away, I get my fix through nascar and other racing on tv. It's definitely not the same as it was before. I record all the races but usually I watch them in ffwd in about 20 minutes. Sometimes I don't even do that depending on the track. All those mile and a half tracks are about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Canadian eh!!!

We have a local 1/4 mile high banked oval called Thunder Road or T-Road as the locals call it. It is not NASCAR but ACT or American-Canadian Tour. Great racing, lots of fun and because of great ticket prices the place is always booming every Thursday nite in the summer. It old fashioned short track racing the way NASCAR was back in the day.

BTW, the track is named after the 1959 movie of the same name starring Robert Mitchum. Mitchum, along with McQueen were the kings of cool. :yum:

T road.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Canadian eh!!!

Watching paint dry: Bristol...
Borinnnnng! Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a local 1/4 mile high banked oval called Thunder Road or T-Road as the locals call it. It is not NASCAR but ACT or American-Canadian Tour. Great racing, lots of fun and because of great ticket prices the place is always booming every Thursday nite in the summer. It old fashioned short track racing the way NASCAR was back in the day.

BTW, the track is named after the 1959 movie of the same name starring Robert Mitchum. Mitchum, along with McQueen were the kings of cool. :yum:

View attachment 110349
I'm with you on that. I'd love to have a local track like that. There's one that's been in the works for 5+ years. Totally new 3/8s dirt track but as it required a lot of fill and clay, it's taken a while to build. They're at the point where they plan on racing next year.

Canadian eh!!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't watch NASCAR anymore. I'm with TR. Superbirds, Taledegas, etc. Before all the damn rules.

Good wreck though, if that's what you came for.

Musta been a fun few seconds for whomever was in 38. Probably thought he was going to burn to death.

Count me in with you and TR...

Stupid rules, cookie cutter cars, hired drivers, and now ball game like "quarters" and it is no longer racing. If I were a car owner, I would find another car, and series to race in. NASCAR is dying, and no one has the brains to save it...

It is now a scripted show nearly. Those wrecks are caused by rules that keep the cars all bunched up, and just about guarantee some will crash and take others out to.. I miss the days of old, and old rules..

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Count me in with you and TR...

Stupid rules, cookie cutter cars, hired drivers, and now ball game like "quarters" and it is no longer racing. If I were a car owner, I would find another car, and series to race in. NASCAR is dying, and no one has the brains to save it...

It is now a scripted show nearly. Those wrecks are caused by rules that keep the cars all bunched up, and just about guarantee some will crash and take others out to.. I miss the days of old, and old rules..

Regards, Kirk

I did not know till yesterday that Chevy now uses the Camaro ZL1 instead of the Impala SS. By the time they got done having to redesign the Camaro for the rules it now looks just like a Camry or Fusion. :th_lmao:

How in hell can anyone take a sharp looking car like the Camaro ZL1 and turn it into a friggin' Camry? :yum::yum:

What a joke.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As of the 500, no more restrictor plates either.
Nascar started dying when Dale Sr died.
Jmo.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did not know till yesterday that Chevy now uses the Camaro ZL1 instead of the Impala SS. By the time they got done having to redesign the Camaro for the rules it now looks just like a Camry or Fusion. :th_lmao:
Fusion is gone. Mustang is now in.

As of the 500, no more restrictor plates either.
Yes, restrictor plates will be gone but I understand something else will be replacing it.

I don't watch a bunch of NASCAR but I do enjoy it from time-to-time.