• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
For Whom the Bell Tolls
I work at a large company and we often get wrong numbers on the office phones. My cube-neighbor, Steve, is in the habit of answering all of his calls on speakerphone, which means I have the pleasure of hearing them.

Yesterday morning, his phone rang and he picked up, saying "[name of company], this is Steve." The woman on the other end said, "Who is this?"

Steve said, "With whom did you wish to speak?"

There was a long pause and the woman said, "Did you just say WHOM?"

Steve: "Yes I did."

Woman: "I have the wrong number." Click.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
A couple of years ago we had a spate of wrong numbers. I think that somebody was giving out our number as their own. In fact I know they were.

It got to be annoying when I answered the phone to be asked, "Who is this?". My usual answer was, "You called me. Don't you know who the hell you're calling?". That usually did it.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the advent of caller ID, I have taken to attempting to answer everyone that calls by their name, if I know it.

There are a few that I know well and we often prank eachother when they call. Mu fave is "Acme Vacuum, we suck big time."

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the advent of caller ID, I have taken to attempting to answer everyone that calls by their name, if I know it.

There are a few that I know well and we often prank eachother when they call. Mu fave is "Acme Vacuum, we suck big time."

One of my Dad's favorites was "Joe's Mule Barn, this is the Mule speaking". :whistling:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I got a wrong number caller. We exchanged pleasantries. Almost immediately, he called again. I had to point out that when you have dialed a wrong number, pushing 'redial' does not fix it !!!