• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quick trip to Grass Mtn radio site

PJL

A couple of radio techs needed a ride to repair a GPS receiver. No snow at the off load spot. Bruce took his DMC1450. First couple of miles were on dirt. We could have trailered further but then we would have run into a lack of good turn around spots. About 4 feet of snow up top. Very nice day. Temps were in the 50's. JimVT had bladed the road a few weeks ago with his PB. The drifts were easily negotiated.

Views were stunning.

I had installed a new fuel filter and drained a small amount of water out of the fuel tank after the last trip . Engine ran great today.

Of course. Pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3572.jpg
    IMG_3572.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3573.jpg
    IMG_3573.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3576.jpg
    IMG_3576.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3577.jpg
    IMG_3577.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 158

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
That 4 element folded dipole in the 4th pic could use some repairs........... looks like 3 of the 4 elements are either bent or missing.

I bet the view is GREAT in the springtime (hint hint)

PJL

Yeah I saw that antenna. Apparently there is a lot of abandoned junk on those towers. There are 5 towers up on that mountain top.

I forgot to mention social distancing. It's easy when you have access to a snowcat and can go places no one else can. Unless they too have a cat. And then they are cool people.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you had to drive through the powerline tower because the snow drift?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah I saw that antenna. Apparently there is a lot of abandoned junk on those towers. There are 5 towers up on that mountain top.

I forgot to mention social distancing. It's easy when you have access to a snowcat and can go places no one else can. Unless they too have a cat. And then they are cool people.

unless you drive a bombi then your rubbing shoulders.
you guys have all the fun.