• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Colorado low

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A term us northern ontarians dread. Its when large storm cells come up from colorado and normally hit us square in the face and generally dump large amounts of precipatation. Here we are at the end of april when the snow is usually gone. Instead. We're into day two of a whiteout blizzard. It's dumped 6" of snow since 5pm. Enough already!!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw it on radar. Seems like Michigan got hammered again pretty hard as well. It sure don't want to give it up this year. Between the rain and now the cold I have not planted anything yet. Have a bunch of stuff ready to put out in the garden but not to watch it freeze. Wanted to have my strawberries out in the hoop house but I am not fighting the plastic in this wind and cold.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got up to a foot so far since the storm started yesterday. It's not gonna let up till tomorrow morning. Hwy is closed. Blowing snow. Strong winds. Not good!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
17883_10152777413370077_1121481737_n.jpg

This was a couple hrs ago.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang! you need to get the shovel out! Although, if the wind is blowing you may as well wait. Let nature put it where it wants and then move it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
524569_10152762417555578_1099023862_n.jpg

Not letting up any......

The whole city is pretty much shut down. Anything less than a 4x4 vehicle is stuck. I had to go out this morning for work for an important medical appt for a child but home now for the day. They shut down the office and sent everyone home. All city services shut down for the day. Just heard that they may close the walmart down the road. When walmart closes, you know it's bad!!!

Leni

I feel for you folks. Here it is mid 70's to low 80's for the last couple of days. We've had strong winds which dries everything out. We've had a couple of brush fires but they didn't do much damage. Starting Sunday we are supposed to get the marine layer again. That will cool things off to the 60's.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That same storm flooded Missouri accross the state. 3 to 5" rain in one day. The ground was already saturated from the 15" snow two weeks ago. Leaving over 200 roads closed & under water.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They just issued a Tornado watch for us as this front moves through. Calling for 60 mph winds. Been running at about 25-45 all day. Even blew some 5 gal. buckets off the porch all the way to the garden fence. It will be here in about 5 mins. with driving rain.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The snow is finally tapering down here but the wind is just crazy. We just had to go out for a few minutes and saw 3 vehicles in the ditch on their roof in a 2 mile stretch.