• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter is on its way !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Had SNOW last week on the surrounding mountains and today is CoooOOLD and raining :w00t2:. Got a big fire going in the stove and had one last night in the fire pit on the deck too. Been below freezing at night quite often the last couple of weeks .Sleeping under a feather comforter and a electric sleeping pad now . I love the cool weather ,but this seems very early for us here in Idaho .:bitterCol:snow2_smi

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Poobah,

You're not complaining about the weather so at least you're young at heart. :hide:

Only 40's (or 50's) here at night so we still got some time which I desperately need to finish some projects.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
lucky you. we are under wildfire warning here. red flag, even. i sure love the winter. its the one month where my allergies cant get me! plus: what's better than grillin in the snow???

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep that snow out there for about another month at least. Want to get another cutting of alfalfa wrapped before it snows. Been down in the 30's last week and only in the 60's for daytime next few days. I fired my boiler up last week and had the heat on once or twice in the mornings. All signs point to an early winter around here as well. Pumpkins and other stuff are ripening ahead of time. My brussel sprouts are coming on fast also.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep we hit the upper 80's yesterday and down to 48 already tonight. Temps have been swinging 30-40 degrees most days.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Had SNOW last week on the surrounding mountains and today is CoooOOLD and raining :w00t2:. Got a big fire going in the stove and had one last night in the fire pit on the deck too. Been below freezing at night quite often the last couple of weeks .Sleeping under a feather comforter and a electric sleeping pad now . I love the cool weather ,but this seems very early for us here in Idaho .:bitterCol:snow2_smi
I was in Livingston, MT a few years ago during the third week of August for a fly fishing trip, and we had a bunch of snow at 6,000 ft, and overnight temps in the 20's at the city elevation. Needless to say, we were not prepared for Winter in August, and froze our asses off fishing in the mornings. Now I take heavier clothing "just in case."

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
lucky you. we are under wildfire warning here. red flag, even. i sure love the winter. its the one month where my allergies cant get me! plus: what's better than grillin in the snow???

Huh?

Wildfire warning? Rusty, check your grill to make sure it's not on the "clean" setting.

Red flag? You're watching too much soccer

"i sure love the winter. its the one month where my allergies cant get me!" I hate to rock your cradle but winter is a season and not a month. Look at the 3 or 4 pictures of the pretty snow in the calendar hanging off the back of the door.

"what's better than grillin in the snow???" I'd say that grilling on your grill may be a good start (after you turn it down... see Wildfire warning above). The meat turns brown and gets warm, not white and cold.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Huh?

Wildfire warning? Rusty, check your grill to make sure it's not on the "clean" setting.

Red flag? You're watching too much soccer

"i sure love the winter. its the one month where my allergies cant get me!" I hate to rock your cradle but winter is a season and not a month. Look at the 3 or 4 pictures of the pretty snow in the calendar hanging off the back of the door.

"what's better than grillin in the snow???" I'd say that grilling on your grill may be a good start (after you turn it down... see Wildfire warning above). The meat turns brown and gets warm, not white and cold.

nah, man, it dont happen here but tis been dry, hot, and windy enough for the warning. thats the scary part. it NEVER happens here

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Lows in the 30's and Highs in the lower 60 here.
Last week it was in the 90's.
Winter is coming way too fast:hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
It was pretty cold this last weekend and really cold Tuesday but now has warmed up some. I think we are supposed to have a warmer weekend coming. I will pull hoses, winterize the cabin and drain the line going to my garden. Maybe even put the tiller on and till one more time.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Been Raining for two days here ! I regraded the ranch road when I got back over the weekend and it may turn into a muddy mess . We are the only ones living on this road , so if I can keep traffic off it and use it only as needed, it might pack down hard .

I try to recrown and grade the road a couple times a year before snow season as I do not want to suck any big rock into my snow blower and cause damage .

Started storing the haying equipment and putting away anything I do not want buried in snow for 6 months and should get finished today .

Hoping to get outta here tomorow and head to California for the trip to Panama next week . Seems like there is never enough days in the week to get everything done .

D

darroll

This summer will be one of the coldest on record.
Still no tomatoes or cucumbers.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Two different Amish guys swear they saw snowflakes going to the barn in the morning. We are at 43 right now and I sure don't need any snow. Still have a ton of stuff in the garden to harvest and the alfalfa is really getting close to the minimum height to cut again for baleage. The deer are on it heavy every night. Had 19 out back and at least 8 were bucks and 3 were nice sized.