• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac motor mount on the 58 1200

vintagebike

Is an extra , solid front mount, bolted through the tab at the bottom (now) front of the case , a common Snow Trac mod? Kinda hard to pull the engine till I realized it was there. Looks like the transmission mounts are junk from this extra stress and unbuffered vibration? Also don't know what could have caused the hole in the trans case nears the left lower bolt hole. But it's out and will be rebuilt for a Formula Vee while the 58 sprocket drive gets the 72 1600 dual port from the 58 friction drive.:brows:
IMG_5703.jpg
IMG_5704.jpg
IMG_5705.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has the transaxle been ground to fit the larger clutch on the 1600?
Jim

vintagebike

Well, my Trackmaster 4VL had bullet holes through the hood and into the cylinder head and the 4T10 had what looks AR holes in from the left side passenger compartment then out the right side...but I can't figure what caused the hole in the transmission bellhousing:ermm: I had to head back to Idaho before the tanks arrived but my friend says they look good and should work out OK.