• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

‘I’m offended that everyone is offended by something!’

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Jordan Thompson is an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Army and a University of Alabama graduate currently attending Samford’s Cumberland School of Law.

On Tuesday, Thompson decided he’d had all he could stand of people on his “Facebook newsfeed complaining about every possible thing,” and he decided to unleash an epic post that pretty much sums up the frustrations of living in uber-politically correct America.
Enjoy.

I’m offended that everyone is offended by something.

I’m offended that because I’m a white male, people automatically classify me as privileged, regardless of knowing where I’ve come from or what I’ve been through. I’m offended that our First Amendment has turned into freedom of speech [just as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings]. I’m offended that people assume I’m racist because I believe in economic development by way of Capitalism and a free-market economy.

I’m offended that people who are too afraid to ask for food stamps, disability, or unemployment (because they don’t want a handout) are probably the ones who could use it most, yet the majority of recipients who do in fact receive handouts abuse their “privilege” and continue to make frivolous purchases.

I’m offended that people care more about taking down an outdated Confederate flag but don’t get riled up when their American flag is being burned in the street. I’m offended that people care more about blocking homosexuals from getting married than fixing their own, broken and unstable, heterosexual marriages. I’m offended that fast food workers get paid more than my soldiers yet still expect to get paid more than nurses.

I’m offended by people who claim how offended they are, while they do nothing but gripe about it on their phones or laptops, when they could be writing or calling their respective representatives to actually get something accomplished. I’m offended by the lack of initiative, hard work, and tenacity in this country. I’m offended by complainers who pity themselves and just want to take as much as they can. I’m offended by those who have in fact “made it” yet are too rude to give back to the communities in which they’ve come from.

I’m offended by people who vote for a person based on the party they represent, the race or gender, age or a religion of a candidate… instead of how the candidate proposes to address each issue, respectivly. I’m offended by people who aren’t open-minded and think they’re always right, no matter what. I’m offended by people who don’t listen and read and legitimately try to understand unfamiliar concepts before brushing them off. I’m offended of what our country has become.

I don’t claim to know solutions to these issues… eventually maybe we will. I just pray that we can one day change our country for the better. And hope that our offenses can turn into progress.
http://yellowhammernews.com/politic...ended-that-everyone-is-offended-by-something/

video here

Kane

This cannot be blamed on so-called generational change. This is all result of six and one half years of the most radical and divisive president in all of American history.

Alas, it may well take a generation to undo the damage this president has wought unto this once-great Republic.

Just sayin'.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
This cannot be blamed on so-called generational change. This is all result of six and one half years of the most radical and divisive president in all of American history.

Alas, it may well take a generation to undo the damage this president has wought unto this once-great Republic.

Just sayin'.

Doc said it in a previous post, "we're doomed." Yes, this country is doomed because we as a country have taken a hard left and no matter who is elected now for president or congress they will not turn back to the right.

We have too many free loaders in this country who vote, they no longer are 47% but upwards of 55 or 56% and they will always vote for the one who gives them the most.

I'm glad I'm as old as I am and will not have to watch the denigration of this country much longer.

As you said in your post, much of this is because of six years of the most radical and divisive person to ever hold office. He should be impeached and tried for treason, but that will not happen. :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry to disagree but I think this has been going on for a lot longer than 6 years. It may have accelerated during the Obama presidency but it was in existence and gaining momentum before that.

I think that it is more closely linked to the internet and social media which gives everybody the opportunity voice their ill informed opinions and to complain to the whole world.

And it's not just direct offense, that is complaining about something that affects you personally. Many, many of these people are offended on BEHALF of some other person or group with which they have no contact and usually very little knowledge. THEY JUST LIKE TO COMPLAIN!!! Of course, that's all they do, sit on their butt and complain.

Kane

I'm sorry to disagree but I think this has been going on for a lot longer than 6 years. It may have accelerated during the Obama presidency but it was in existence and gaining momentum before that.

I think that it is more closely linked to the internet and social media which gives everybody the opportunity voice their ill informed opinions and to complain to the whole world.

And it's not just direct offense, that is complaining about something that affects you personally. Many, many of these people are offended on BEHALF of some other person or group with which they have no contact and usually very little knowledge. THEY JUST LIKE TO COMPLAIN!!! Of course, that's all they do, sit on their butt and complain.
Agreed.

Consider that between 3-5% of Americans process to being homosexual. Yet their voice over the past few years has been louder than the majority.

How can this be? How can a mere handful of Americans become more powerful than 80% of Americans that are heterosexual Christians?

Like you say, Tex, it most be the power of the Internet and social media. Either that or God-fearing Christians are simply conceding defeat and standing down.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
.... but the PC phase started gaining a foothold way before the internet took hold. I'd say it started with all the peace and love stuff of the 60's and 70's. And slowly grew from there. Then with the internet it snowballed and took over our country from coast to coast. Everyone has the right to be offended about whatever they choose. But that does not mean anyone has to give a damn or do anything about it. It all depends on what they are offended about.

Umberto

I'm offended!

unnamed_4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing baffles me. I cannot find a right to not be offended anywhere in the constitution or it's amendments. Could someone point that out please?

Secondly, social media is definitely a big factor. People's lives and livelihoods have been ruined be social media with no apparent accountability.

We are not doomed. It won't be an easy fight. It can be won. The major obstacle is how to get good information out when the media stands in the doorway to control the flow of information.

For those that do say we are doomed, please ponder this.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
Henry Ford