• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

KLR650 / TW200

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got the KLR for me and and TW for my wife.
She wanted a Harley :w00t2:this is her first bike I told her not for he first bike because she will drop it and the TW will be cheaper to fix after she gets some time on it she can do the Harley thing if she wants.

She is only 5'3 and has trouble reaching the ground on all the bikes she tried on for size so I lowered the forks about 2" and put the rear shock down all the way and now she can flat foot it.

I about killed my self getting off mine in the showroom my right leg doesn't bend like it use too (lots of injuries to it)when swing off the bike I couldn't get it over the seat standing on the floor my wife had to lift it over (how embarrassing:yum:) but after 3 or 4 times at home now I can do it my self:clap:.
It was actually more fun when my wife had to help me get it up!:brows::brows::brows:

tom

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think its a good idea,i started out with dirt bikes ,i know it helped with my balance and understanding how a bike reacts in all conditions,best way to learn IMO.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
moving that clip on the TW rear shock helps some .Be sure to even it out by ajusting the fromt the same amount. I got mine new as a gift and have been happy with it for 6000 miles now.
Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My first bike was a tw200. Good little bike to learn on. I then upgraded to a honda nighthawk 450. Then to a Yamaha xs650. Followed my a Goldwing gl1100