• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Buckeyes

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Worked on clearng trails of multiflora growth and found loads of buckeyes ...while gathering we were bombed with more falling.

Now what to do with a whole lot of buckeyes?

Attachments

• buckeyes1.jpg
    buckeyes1.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 124
  • buckeyes2.jpg
    buckeyes2.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 128

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to post a link from eHow suggesting some things, but some smart assed comment person said "Gee thanks, a 5 year old could have thought of these" lol
You know, ornaments, jewelry..

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
<sarcasm>
Grind them up to make Buckeye Butter*, and give a jar to all of the #NeverTrump progressive's you know!
</sarcasm>

*Buckeyes are poisonous for humans, which may or may not include #NeverTrumpers.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys!!!!! Buckeye butter. :yum:

Daughters do make stuff with them. Ali requested enough to make a wreath, which is why we collected all these. Bethany makes necklaces out of these and takes them to tailgating parties for OSU aka Buckeye football.

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't know they were poisonous to humans but I've been told all my life that they are poisonous to cattle. Farmers here tried to eradicate the buckeye from near their pastures.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up another 7 pounds of buckeyes. Found some paw-paws too. Took a couple pics of lots of young buckeye trees and the view straight up from where we gathered the nuts.

Attachments

• BuckeyeTrees1.jpg
    BuckeyeTrees1.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 76
  • buckeyeTrees2.jpg
    buckeyeTrees2.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 78