• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving on with life, getting out of business

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the time has come in our lives to make some changes. The lovely Mrs_Bob and I are unsure what we will be doing, but my 5 year lease is coming to an end for the cigar lounge location and I'm not going to sign a new lease.

That means the cigar lounge is going to change owners, or have a going out of business sale.

We shall see. My wife is sort of freaking out about it, she knows I have fun there and I really do. But she has no idea how much money I lose there and if she did she'd probably be a bit upset. Its run as a hobby, not as a business. We go on trips, go shooting, smoke and drink, have parties, etc. Often with the door locked and the signs turned off! Lots of fun, not so much profit.

Its been a great run, and I'd do it again. Maybe I will, if we relocate our lives to a new state. But its more likely we will either travel more, or split our residence into 2 locations. Either way it doesn't make sense to run a small business if I am going to be an absentee owner and not get the benefit of having fun.

So sometime this summer or fall we will make up our minds on what we intend. But this spring will bring a close to fun chapter of my life.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I certainly hope that the next "chapter" is just as much fun, or even more so. Just as the seasons change, so do our lives. Good luck on your journey...

Best regards, Kirk

Kane

Travel is nice, but I always told the wife that we should rather spend my money of something tangible. Suggest to yours that having a home in Indiana and another in Florida would be sweet. Become a snowbird. You can watch the travel channel anywhere.

Good luck handing over the cigar bar chapter, and turning a new page.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Warm, comfortable, stable. Sounds kinda boring.

A review of one's life should never include a list of things you might have done. And that should include those things of your life parner.

Strap on a chute and make the jump. See where you land and make the most of it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Go for it Bob!!!! It's a decision that I never regretted.

My wife and I both retired early, she at 50 and me at 52 just to do the things that you are talking about. I'm now 66 and it's been a fabulous last 15 years or so. I'm glad that I got a bunch of stuff done while I was still physically able to do and enjoy them as the body does start to show signs of wear and tear once you get to your mid 60's.

Over the years we've talked seriously many times about getting a second home somewhere but the problem with that is that it is fixed and there are so many beautiful places in this country to spend time and enjoy. Our solution was to go RVing. We've been doing it for past few years but the subject of a second home did crop up again after Christmas.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Well that's too bad.

But being a selfish being, if you do have a clearance sale, please let me know first!

grizzer

With your new found free time don't be taking up with a mistress like Jack Welch (CEO of GE)

Or be running for political office.