• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning. Lawyer appointment this afternoon. Looks like another trip to Toronto in May for more assessments. All for the insurance. Hopefully by the end of 2018 everything will be settled.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning. Lawyer appointment this afternoon. Looks like another trip to Toronto in May for more assessments. All for the insurance. Hopefully by the end of 2018 everything will be settled.

Sure hope so Brian.
I'm about to think about planning dinner.
Burgers or pizza.
That's the extent of my daily contribution to this new found role of domestic diva.
:eatdrink:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning , and Happy arrival of Spring 2018 ! Got delivered about 6” if white joy wth more still arriving . So looks like it’s plow day . I did have the forsight to take the winter tires off of the Pilot ,so that driving today would be more enjoyable ! Forgot to take the chains off the tractor though . . . Anyhow , Aloha from the beautiful and snow covered suburbs of West Sunbury !

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in Pigeon Forge TN for spring break with some of our kids and grandkids. 72 Monday, 60 yesterday. Temps dropped last night and it started snowing. Still snowing. We are in a cabin on a mountain so we be staying in the cabin today. No complaints. Tomorrow will be mid 50's. We'll be back in action.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welp first off Ty never made it home until 6am.
Then he was right back out the door at 9.
Don't know how he does it.
All the Mountain Dew and energy drinks he consumes helps, but I've told him those aren't good for him. :hammer:
There was a semi-rollover in Paulding county, then some goon got stopped for wreckless op w/o a driver's license, so he had to tow for an
impound.
It's always something.

Got a good night's sleep after making sure the babes were gently helped with homeopathic remedies.
That No More Monsters product is a godsend lol

Yup, got some snow.
Not as bad as it could have been.

Attachments

• 20180321_085731-614x614.jpg
    20180321_085731-614x614.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180321_090243-614x614.jpg
    20180321_090243-614x614.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 50

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got all 7 kids off to school then headed to the gym for a new community fitness program I signed up for a couple weeks ago. Went to pick up a table saw for the garage. This afternoon is yet another bleeping assessment for occupational therapy. This will be like my 5th ot assessment.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum:This afternoon is yet another bleeping assessment for occupational therapy. This will be like my 5th ot assessment.

They probably want to track your progression and make sure you're reaching your goal for hopefully one day complete mobility.
Do they ever come to your house and watch how you are with ADL's?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I've had someone here to do an assessment then someone else to back up the first assessment. Consensus is that I'll need a new house that's easier to navigate.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been keeping the weebles occupied while Mommy dyes her hair.
Played "fort" with them under the table covered with a blanket and read that I Spy letter book to them like 10 time!s. :yum:
God my knees!!!

Now they're watching a show called Odd Squad, some science type show with Canadian kids. I like it myself!

Gonna make burgers later for din din.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I've had someone here to do an assessment then someone else to back up the first assessment. Consensus is that I'll need a new house that's easier to navigate.
Additionally I'm in a battle with my insurance company about coverage. Not sure about the states but up here most providers give 50k for rehabilitative devices unless the injuries are deemed "catastrophic". Then it bumps up to a million. To be deemed catastrophic the person needs to have lost 55% or more of their abilities. Right now I'm at 51% but they neglected a few things when doing their report. What's that mean for me? Well for starters the insurance would have to buy a house that's suitable for a walker/wheelchair and fits everyone in our family.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Grouted a floor at the 'flip' house we are remodeling and waited for an appliance delivery. Appliances arrived. On time. So that was good.

Drove to the hardware store. On the way there I ran over a screw, punctured a tire. Also got delayed by 3, yes 3 trains. The hardware store is only about 4 miles away. 4 miles ... 3 trains ... 1 punctured tire. Yup, wasted a lot of time today doing nothing productive.

Also looked at another possible 'flip' house to potentially purchase.

This afternoon I patched a tire.

Additionally I'm in a battle with my insurance company about coverage. Not sure about the states but up here most providers give 50k for rehabilitative devices unless the injuries are deemed "catastrophic". Then it bumps up to a million. To be deemed catastrophic the person needs to have lost 55% or more of their abilities. Right now I'm at 51% but they neglected a few things when doing their report. What's that mean for me? Well for starters the insurance would have to buy a house that's suitable for a walker/wheelchair and fits everyone in our family.

Never thought I'd say it but I hope you lose 4% more of your ability so you qualify for the greater coverage.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After all you've been through, Brian AND your family, you deserve every single good thing that can be provided.
Good luck to you hun.:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Son got home early tonight and was starving, so I made baked ziti pasta w/ meatballs instead of burgers.

I'm lazing like a beached whale across my bed now with a still full tummy. :yum:

Might watch a movie later on YouTube.

Attachments

• 20180321_212805-614x614-307x307.jpg
    20180321_212805-614x614-307x307.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 75

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
First day in almost a month with no medical appointments. So I plan on spending some time in the garage seeing what I can build with scrap pieces of lumber left over from the bunk bed project. I want to try building an umbrella stand to hold my canes beside my chair in the living room.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First day in almost a month with no medical appointments. So I plan on spending some time in the garage seeing what I can build with scrap pieces of lumber left over from the bunk bed project. I want to try building an umbrella stand to hold my canes beside my chair in the living room.

Sounds like a good project. I might as well just lay my cane on the floor. If I prop it up somewhere the dogs find it and rub against it until it falls! :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been up and at it since 6:45.
Zipped around getting things done then took a walk and met a mink along the way.
A dead one lol
Right in the drainage ditch at the end of the West driveway.
I think I'll go get birdseed and suet cakes today to encourage the birds to come closer.
The cardinals and jays are out in force in the pines.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a good project. I might as well just lay my cane on the floor. If I prop it up somewhere the dogs find it and rub against it until it falls! :hammer:
Lol. I know the feeling. I actually lucked out. I was about to head to the store to get some wood to build a stand when I saw this for sale. Works great
62bfeb59ff3c19b21d66a03483960d20.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day. Headed to the gym as soon as the kiddies are gone to school. Then physio. Picking up the older boys early from school and heading south to Duluth Minnesota for a car show tomorrow. Boys weekend away. They need the one on one time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another busy morning!
Up with the birds and babes.
Happy TGI Friday to all you who are employed, happy Friday to me as I feel as I am on extended vacation lol
God, I got an AARP card in the mail.
It's official, I am getting old.
:yum:

On a more serious note, son just texted Ali.
Bad wreck on Hire road near GM Powertrain plant..train vs car.
One dead.:(

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The train ALWAYS wins. :(
Not always. My dad was coming down a bush logging road down a hill towards a track. It was icy and he basically slid to a stop right on the tracks before being tboned and pushed 100 ft down the track. He lived to tell about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.